Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2013, 08:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
Back in the saddle/X1 ski wake

Okay, I'm turning 48 this year and grew up slalom skiing (that's all we really had to do). Bought my X1 7 years ago and took to wakeboarding, easier to get up and liked to jump. My wife and daughter have been slalom skiers all along. At the end of last season I bought a radar senate at a great price. Went out last night and after a few attempts got up and back into it. Was a little choppy but still felt good.

Have seen a couple of treads on here lately about crossover boats and will say that at 38mph there is a small but hard bump behind the X1. When my wife got the cruise control on and got me back to 34mph a little bigger but still very good.

It's going to take me a while to get stronger, a completely different set of muscles than the wakeboard but there is just no substitue for the feeling of speed on the small flat stick. I was on the lake I first learned to slalom on and a whole lot of great summers came flooding back.

Looking forward to more and PS if you want a great recreational ski look at the Senate.