Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2013, 01:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Xstar
X25 Wake

I wanted to write a thread about the X25 wake when saced up as before I got my X25 there wasnt any info on it at all.

I have the 6.0 ilmor with a 14.25x14.5 prop. It also has autolauch with the tabs and attitude plate. At the moment I dont have it heavy I just have 2 X2 sacs in the back, the X2 U sac in the nose on top of the seats and a semi filled side sac in the port locker to even out the boat. Total thats about 2500lbs including the factory an I have to say the wake is already bigger then my old X2 which had 3200-3500lbs and that was a Pro level wake.

I use the attitude plate at 60% and I wouldn't ride with out it as it cleans the wake and make the shape just right, and not too steep.

She has alot more power to give so Ill be sticking a few more sacs in soon!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
I've just been putting some hours on the boat to break in my engine and I've ridden behind the boat twice now. I rode the first time with just stock and my rear sacks about half filled (200lbs)maybe and the boat had really good pop. I had the plate all the way up though. I find it kind of weird that when you lower the plate the wake isn't clean. When you put raise the plate all the way up there's no whitewash at all.

the second time i rode, I had the 450's in the back filled, a 500 lb sack in the bow filled with stock ballast. There were four adults in the boat as well and we had a VERY good wake. Tons of pop. With the auto launch on, it was pretty sluggish out of the hole though. I'm thinking about adding some lead to the bow maybe to help getting out of the hole. That should mellow the steepness out as well.

Coming from my 205v, it's similar, but more pop and bigger and easier to keep clean.

Speed was 23 mph running at 70 feet.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
TT Regular

That is weird about your plate because with me it makes it much cleaner to run the plate at 60%

If you are going to run weight all the time I would recommend reproping. My old x2 was fine out the hole with 3500lbs and it only had the 5.7! And deffinatly get some more weight in the nose!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Pics anyone?!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Pics anyone?!
Pics or it didn't happen. I'm going to load mine up this summer too with stock plus 450's in rear and 750 in walkway. I have 2 more 400's to move around too, just to see. Going to be overkill for sure. Interesting that the plate will clean the wake.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen. I'm going to load mine up this summer too with stock plus 450's in rear and 750 in walkway. I have 2 more 400's to move around too, just to see. Going to be overkill for sure. Interesting that the plate will clean the wake.
Sorry it took so long.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 04:26 PM
TT Regular

Awesome pic!!! that looks just like mine for sure. What speed is that? 22-23?

Man that's what a wake should look like right there. Decent transition, but a nice lip on top to kick you straight up! SUCKS that my boat is being winterized this Sunday. Season is over
Old 09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleup_dan View Post
That is weird about your plate because with me it makes it much cleaner to run the plate at 60%
My guess would be, that you have to much rear weight, compared to the front. Balance it out, and you wont need the plate. From my experience over the three years, that I had an X25, the wake was always better without using the plate.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:10 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
Awesome pic!!! that looks just like mine for sure. What speed is that? 22-23?

Man that's what a wake should look like right there. Decent transition, but a nice lip on top to kick you straight up! SUCKS that my boat is being winterized this Sunday. Season is over
24mph that is riding at 78 feet
Old 09-24-2013, 01:59 PM
TT Regular

24mph nice!! I try and run just under 24 myself and I ride between 70 and 75 feet.

How would that be weighted? Do you run full ballast plus the 450's in the back with extra weight in the bow? If we have the boat full of people I won't fill the extra 450's in the back. If we don't have many in the boat I'll fill the 450's a little bit. Typically I don't run fully weighted cause well, it's too much, my knees can't handle it... You aren't using the plate in that pic are you?

That's what I like about that wake though, at 24mph the wake isn't a rounded POS speed bump with no shape!