Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
Let me just say as someone who has lowered more vehicles than I can count in my lifetime: That is one of the coolest looking planes I have seen on the ground. Not "back in the day" cool, just cool.

Is there really no suspension for a hard landing, or does it have bags or height adjust from the hydros?
I don't recall. I was pretty young when he was still flying it. I do remember that he was pretty good at greasing landings. Always very smooth.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Would love to fly a jet someday. I have been able to get a ton of endorsements in different type and make aircraft. Which is what makes flying fun. I agree that renting can be a little costly but ownership is anything but costly. I just can't see buying a car for 100k when I could do 200knots at that price with 8 people anywhere in the country. Can't do that in a car. I'll surely own many more planes before I get any nice cars.

Right now I have the piper only to advance my license and become an IFR pilot.

East you should look into fractional ownership. It's a lot cheaper.

I would give up my MasterCraft long before I could give up flying. That's the truth.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
I know it is fun, but I haven't had the time to put into doing it right for some time now. I decided long ago that I did not want to be just a pretty good pilot (that's dangerous). And, to be a really good pilot, I would have to put in more time than I am able to put in.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk13 View Post
It does make sense and when I searched for more images of that aircraft they don't look quite as low--must be the shadows in that pic. Just looked like if there was much upward wheel travel on a landing the belly would hit the ground. Thought maybe it had height adjust for loading and unloading like a coach bus but I get it now. I've built a few vehicles with "highly progressive" rate springs and/or jounce stops as "suspension". i.e. if you need it to move a bit it will just to save your backbone or equipment.

Thanks for the explanation.
I remember its being pretty low looking. I have a picture at home of the family standing in front of it on the tarmac. His company had two of them over the years. The later generation of 1121 might have been a little different. It was a very unique looking plane. I seem to recall it being the first "business jet."

Here's another one. Looks pretty low, too.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Skier 1984, 351 PCM
What is left of a 2000 Cherokee
Name:  IMG_2167_zps68c41612.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  74.7 KB
Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeX2wake View Post
big green egg - large

built the table myself from scratch. kind of sketched what i wanted. it was fun. not perfect but that's what made it more fun.
Attachment 96646

and yes... there's a bag of BGE charcoal in the pic... the only bag of that brand i've ever burned through it.
Do you not like the BGE charcoal? What are you using instead of it? I've heard people say they can get a good 10 hours out of one load of the BGE charcoal. Thoughts on that?

Very nice work on the table.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I know it is fun, but I haven't had the time to put into doing it right for some time now. I decided long ago that I did not want to be just a pretty good pilot (that's dangerous). And, to be a really good pilot, I would have to put in more time than I am able to put in.
So true. You need to fly at least twice a week. Even if it's only around the pattern.
I want to buy a business jet one day. Problem is I'd have to be the one flying it. And that's just too John Travolta for me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 Mastercraft X-9 MCX
My new (to me) '99 Boxster. Just got it about a month ago.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

[quote=mdo817;947726]What is left of a 2000 Cherokee

awesome...
Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Do you not like the BGE charcoal? What are you using instead of it? I've heard people say they can get a good 10 hours out of one load of the BGE charcoal. Thoughts on that?

Very nice work on the table.
Thanks...

I don't like the price or availability of the BGE charcoal mainly. I can grab the stuff from Lowe's at better hours and cheaper price than BGE. I prefer Ozark. Its the stuff. me and a buddy split a pallet (bought direct from the factory) about a yr ago and I ran out recently. Least smoke, best flavor, longest lasting... good stuff. But until we get another order i'll be with the cheap stuff from Lowe's.

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by norris_ps205 View Post
My new (to me) '99 Boxster. Just got it about a month ago.
Congrats Mike ... See you this weekend