Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89mastercraft View Post
Update - I took the boat out for Father's Day.. She ran good. I did notice kind of a ''slight'' hesitation in it.. I pulled a couple of the plugs and they looked okay.. so i'm wondering if i should check out the fuel filters...

Does anybody know how many or know where they are located? It has a water separator on it, does that act as one of them? One of the carb? What about a screen on or inside the gas tank? I have never worked on one of these boats before.. LOL

Any help is appreciated
For fuel filters, my '88 has a screen on the bottom of the fuel pickup tube in the tank, a fuel/water separator (Racor 110 filter element) mounted on the starboard side of bilge, a small paper element filter in the bottom of the fuel pump assembly, and there is also a fine screen filter at the fuel inlet mounted on the front of the carb. The fuel/water separator seems to collect the most crud.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 Mastercraft prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOrange88 View Post
For fuel filters, my '88 has a screen on the bottom of the fuel pickup tube in the tank, a fuel/water separator (Racor 110 filter element) mounted on the starboard side of bilge, a small paper element filter in the bottom of the fuel pump assembly, and there is also a fine screen filter at the fuel inlet mounted on the front of the carb. The fuel/water separator seems to collect the most crud.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I picked up a new dash panel from gweaver and it fit's like a glove with no modification

Old and new images