Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdhntr View Post
Dude! I LOVE this thread!!!! It's got drama, passion, hearsay, and some good ol fashioned slap downs. I hope it rolls on for a while yet.
Between this thread and the what's in your cooler thread this site has been fun to read the past few weeks.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205; 1996 Sea-doo GTX
Funny thing is I could have footed all day Saturday as no one was on the lake, rain or shine! Has anyone else seen a difference in the amount of boater traffic this year?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:43 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter92 View Post
Funny thing is I could have footed all day Saturday as no one was on the lake, rain or shine! Has anyone else seen a difference in the amount of boater traffic this year?
I think we're down a little too. The youngins on the lake seem to be more about sitting than skiing .
Old 07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Can't see any decline on lake lewisville.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
WOW...

Just pulled this thread on a whim, man, Skipper has a hate on for me...

It's not my fault you miss the point champ, take it easy. "best footer of all time"? nope, simply stated I come from a competitive background, and have followed the trends of this pastime to where it is today. Nobody has a right to public water, that's a fact, slalom course or not. Stating that fact doesn't mean I run my XStar beside a slalom course. I'm not ignorant...

If you ever wanna ski "for pinks"... I'll see you at Wizard Lake. I'm the '99 XStar urinating on the slalom bouys while my ballast fills.

grow up foo...
Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 03 197TT 6.0 Cadillac YQ-9
(Oh please let this thread take off again.... Please let this thread take off again...)
Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, X-45, 2006, LQ9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
WOW...

If you ever wanna ski "for pinks"... I'll see you at Wizard Lake. I'm the '99 XStar urinating on the slalom bouys while my ballast fills.

grow up foo...
Now that is funny stuff! I actually had to google Wizard Lake. Because if there wasn't a Wizard Lake I would classify that as one of the best pun ever! LOL
Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Skipper

You are the one who is going to be urinating on the bouys of the slalom course while you fill your ballast and I need to grow up. You should use lead for ballast. Fill the entire boat. You'll get a much better surf wake that way.

Last edited by Skipper; 07-14-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:02 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
It's sarcasm Skippy

I get it, you're better than me, go enjoy...
Old 07-15-2013, 12:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
Wanted to chime in on this post (great post btw, good laughs to be had).

We were surfing this weekend, probably around 6pm. We were on what I would consider a main "channel" of the lake (not THE main channel) but it is a very heavily traveled section of lake (leads to sandbar, etc.). There are always tons of tubers, jet skis, boats, etc. We don't normally even surf here (or cruise here for that matter) because it is so rough and busy, but the weather had chased most people off the lake and it was smooth and quiet for once.

We had 8 people in the boat and ballast was full so we were throwing a big wave (really happy with the guys from wakemakers and the 45 wave now, man it was sweet). We were mid channel nearly the entire time which put us several hundred feet away from docks and shore on either side. We made several runs and mid-way through changing out riders we hear this god awful siren sound. Actually thought it was a tornado siren or the power plant going meltdown but it was this lady on her dock, hands over her head waving like crazy with some sort of massive air siren.

I shut the boat down and from 250 feet away she starts ripping us about destroying her shoreline (3' wall surrounded by rip rap at least 6 feet tall) and making too waves to big, we need to go someplace else, etc. etc. I laughed but of course my buddies (most consuming alcohol) gave it right back to her. It was a comical few moments, I wished I had filmed it. She proceeded to pull up a chair at the edge of her floating dock and blast her little siren whenever we came by.

I mean I understand the courtesy issue here. I avoid the slalom or barefoot guys if I can, pay attention to where and how I am throwing a wave, never wake in coves, try and stay away from docks, etc. but are some people that f'ed up that they can't handle waves crashing on their rip rap? Isn't that why it is there? Do people think that by air raid sirens and being a complete douche it would make us go away?

Move to a cove or better yet get off the f'ing lake if you don't like boat wakes....all she made me want to do is start surfing in front of her house on a regular basis.