Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
common coutesy. that's what it boils down to. Sure there are no signs saying barefoot, slalom skiing only till 10am but there's enought time through out the day where everyone can enjoy their respective watersports. I've found there's more money their brains these days on the water and most people don't have a clue.

If people are skiing on their slalom course I'll go wakeboard in another area. The trouble is people are either too stupid or they're just being ***'s when they muck up the water when there is a boat trying to foot or ski in the same area. Unfortuneately it's stupidity as most of the surf boats are new to the sport and they don't have a clue of what they're doing and they lack the skills to do anything else.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Everyone wants the glass, but seriously you can surf pretty much any time of day. But on most lakes footing is either early morning or just before sunset. Why not give the footers (and slalom skiers) a break and either move to a different area or just wait until they are done? It's all common courtesy.

Same with PWC riders.....go as far away from skiers/footers/wakeboarders as you can. Any NEVER follow behind a tow boat pulling someone. There, I said it!

We also sometimes get dirty looks from paddlers who don't hug the shoreline....if you only knew how many prime lakes there are in NJ and PA that don't allow motorboats.....the paddlers should all use those lakes IMHO.

Rant over..........for now!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Its a thin grey line guys. Just be respectful.

But I'm not going to lie, if I can't find a flat part of water somewhere on the river, and when I do there is some bass hole fishing on the bank, He is gonna catch some waves. We're just gonna have to share the water.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
its not just surfers...

and this is part of the reason i stopped skiing on public waters

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
yep, what do you say here ... we all enjoy the water ... i do get frustrated when we get up to go get that butter water and someone is surfing or pulling a tube that early ... one thing we did do to a surfer was to offer them a barefoot run ...
Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
the joys of being on public water! Our lake is full of tubers who, thankfully, do not make an appearance until lunch time or later. This makes early morning ski sets easy, the evening sets are a little more tricky but we make it work. Our lake is quite small so it only takes one or two boats out doing donuts at slow speeds to really make a mess. A lot of people just don't understand that if you pick a straight line and run that back in forth you can save the water for others instead of going all the way around the lake making a mess and getting caught in your own rollers!

Most on our lake are quite courteous and try to stay away from boats pulling skiers/boarders, but there are always a few who just don't get it or maybe they are complete a**holes.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Skipper

Yeah public water is just that, public. But it is just wrong when a surf barge chooses the place where skiers are pulling through a slalom course. It is all about attitude...the attitude that you can do whatever you please without any consideration for how it affects other people in public.

Rude people suck!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: x-30
I think a lot of it boils down the fact that most people unless they are serious skiers or footers don't realize the beauty of glass water and how much better skiing and footing is on glass. When I got married it took quite a while for it to sink in with my new family that when I ski I want to go as straight as possible, turn around as tight as possible and then get right back in my path for the return, where as they had always skied and liked doing huge sweeping turns and all the things we associate with screwing up calm water.

I would agree rude people suck but is it being rude if you just don't know any better?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

I know it is becoming an issue on my lake as far as surfers not staying away from docks - when the rollers come through, the wood docks are shaking so violently that there is no way they are going to stand up to that kind of wake with nails holding them predominately together. I fear it will be outlawed as some point here. The thing I try to tell people is just stay in the areas where you don't bother landowners. We have a house and dock and I can tell you, KNOW ONE that owns one would sit there when those rollers come through and say "this is not harming anything" -

Not trying to be controversial, but it's an issue for us and some courtesy to just simply stay back and away from the docks could help tons. If not, I am sure the TVA will step in and come up with a plan that nobody likes.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by skps190 View Post
I would agree rude people suck but is it being rude if you just don't know any better?
I think it's all about education. Most people just don't have a clue how their wake is affecting others. And yes, if all they do is surf and have never done anything else they have no idea what good water is like for footers, skiers, or wakeboarders.