Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2013, 10:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2011 X15 6.0 Ilmor w/ZFTP-5
ZFTP-5 recall

Did everyone who has one of these towers receive a recall notice? While towing my boat to FL, my ZFTP-5 gave out halfway between Chattanooga and Lake Placid, FL. We have rented a house on Lake June down here and (hopefully) will be spending a major part of the summer skiing, tubing, and wake boarding. Luckily I found a MC dealer down here who could work on it for me and get it back to me fairly quickly, as long as the parts get shipped quickly.

I just can't figure out why my dealer did not notify me that a recall had been made on these towers especially since I asked that question directly at least twice.

According to the service guy at the MC dealer down here, it is a big recall involving replacing the electric actuators with hydraulics and having to install a hydraulic pump and lines to accomodate the new mechanism.

I still wonder why I was never informed of the recall from my dealer.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-30 6.0L Red w/Silver Flake
I am not sure what the plan was on getting the word out on the recall. Mine was replaced exactly a year ago when it failed while towing. You will love the new hydraulic system. I hope it is a quick turn-around for you so you can enjoy a trouble-free summer.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft x45
Sorry for the troubles. My dealer just told me about it and did it over the winter. But it was also being talked about on this site so that got me aware of the recall
Old 06-09-2013, 04:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Crownline 182 (sold), 2012 Mastercraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Sorry for the troubles. My dealer just told me about it and did it over the winter. But it was also being talked about on this site so that got me aware of the recall
That's exacly like me, found it out here and talked to the dealer, he checked it and dit it this winter.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djswin1 View Post
Did everyone who has one of these towers receive a recall notice? While towing my boat to FL, my ZFTP-5 gave out halfway between Chattanooga and Lake Placid, FL. We have rented a house on Lake June down here and (hopefully) will be spending a major part of the summer skiing, tubing, and wake boarding. Luckily I found a MC dealer down here who could work on it for me and get it back to me fairly quickly, as long as the parts get shipped quickly.

I just can't figure out why my dealer did not notify me that a recall had been made on these towers especially since I asked that question directly at least twice.

According to the service guy at the MC dealer down here, it is a big recall involving replacing the electric actuators with hydraulics and having to install a hydraulic pump and lines to accomodate the new mechanism.

I still wonder why I was never informed of the recall from my dealer.
We are thatl dealer that will do our best to pull off a small miracle for this situation!
Dave had already contacted MC yesterday Saturday. The 3 upgrades kits have been ordered
Tower upgrade, bimini upgrade, and tower bracket stop kit have been ordered.

The gelcoat complicates the issue with the rains we have been having, you where witness to that yesterday!

Boat is in the shop ready to go. Get is disassembled before the parts arrive. Thanks for putting your faith in my team. They will do the best they can to get you back out on the water for your vacation!

Jim@BAWS

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 06-09-2013, 02:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2011 X15 6.0 Ilmor w/ZFTP-5
Jim, thanks for being awesome in getting my boat in, calling the warranty rep from MC, and getting my boat back as quickly as possible!

I am really impressed with Dave Senior at your shop. He did a great job of talking me through what all is involved in the recall and was proactive by calling the warranty rep with MC. Thanks again!

Most of us MC owners are passionate about our boats!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
Quote:
Jim, thanks for being awesome in getting my boat in, calling the warranty rep from MC, and getting my boat back as quickly as possible!

I am really impressed with Dave Senior at your shop. He did a great job of talking me through what all is involved in the recall and was proactive by calling the warranty rep with MC. Thanks again!

It went down to the last moment to get it done and keep our other commitments to our
customers. Glad the team was able to get you back out on the water

Jim@BAWS

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mainship Pilot 30
Quote:

I feel sorry for who talked to the warranty rep... Talk about an a*shat