Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheat View Post
Agreed - the last thing I wanted to tell State Farm was that the boat has 430 HP. They don't get that it will only do 44 mph. I like SkiSafe's agreed upon values too.
I told them mine was 325hp on a 20ft boat. My quote came back at 740/year. Not happenin'.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2 MCX w/ 07 Tower
I'm w/ All State and w/ agreed $40k on boat and $5k on trailer, I got it for $460 a year.. Not bad and I'd much rather keep everything w/ my local agent.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTxNOISE View Post
I'm w/ All State and w/ agreed $40k on boat and $5k on trailer, I got it for $460 a year.. Not bad and I'd much rather keep everything w/ my local agent.
I'd rather keep it with them too, but on our X-15, Last year I was at $70k agreed upon value and $5k on the trailer and I was paying SkiSafe $450 a year. I didn't even check with anyone else on insurance for the new X-25 and I know from past experience, I don't want to tell SF I have a boat with that kind of HP. Back in the day, I tried to insure our Checkmate (19' Eluder with 260 HP) with State Farm - our agent said, "Is that the boat with the horse's head on it? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - find a new hobby." and wouldn't even give me a quote. Granted I was younger and had several speeding infractions on my license, but I have never asked them about a boat since. As far as motorcycles go, they want displacement and didn't seem to mind that one of my bikes is a CBR and one is a Harley - just want the displacement. They rock for everything, except a boat. They don't understand the high HP - low speed thing apparently.

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 06-12-2013, 07:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2 MCX w/ 07 Tower
Guess I'm lucky that they didn't ask about the HP rating!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
I also have everything through State Farm except the boat, basically they know nothing about boats my quote was double vs ski safe. I asked my dealer on best insurance since they sell and do claims all the time. They said Progressive and ski safe were the best two to deal with.