Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 99 Mastercraft Prostar 205 VRS
Just for price calibration purposes for you guys looking. I bought my 99 Prostar 205V last year in Champagne, IL for $18k. It is red with X-star graphics and original X-star tower, perfect pass, 2x 600lb ballasts with homemade built-in ballast system (using water puppy pump). It had 450hrs and the gel coat was still perfect.

It needed:
new throttle cable
Alternator (mounting ear was broken)
observer and rear seat bottom upholstry
Stereo (had ok one with amps, but I'm obsessed with a good stereo so I upgraded)
good cleaning

I would say that little rock 205V for $22k is a pretty fair price. The 99 in KS is a good deal. I feel I got a deal on mine. The guy had several people lined up behind me ready to pay more.

PS. I agree with the post about the wrap around seating being better with out it in this hull. It takes up a lot of space. I like throwing a cooler there instead and someone can sit on it if needed.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 X star
Those Prostar 205v's are so rare it seems. I never see them for sale. If I did I would jump on one in a heart beat.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Well talked to the owner of the boat and he said his family wants to keep it until the middle of August. He is moving down to California and wants to sell the boat right before they leave. Do boat prices go down the later summer gets? Should a mid August boat price be cheaper then say if I were to purchase it now. If I can get this boat for super cheap then I will wait but not sure what super cheap should be. I did have my shop say unless I could get that boat for $10k he wouldn't even touch it. What do you guys think?
Old 06-06-2013, 01:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
If it was me, I wouldn't want to wait until August to MAYBE get a boat that sounds to be in bad condition. I'd continue my search, get one sooner, enjoy the season, and not think twice about it.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

So after talking to 3 mastercraft dealers, and 2 different shops I came to conclusion that this boat is not worth taking a chance on. They all felt with no service records, no documentation of new engine, lack of care to exterior, and over all apperance its just a big mess. I'm basically going to offer him a cash offer of difference of changing out motor and trans with the 3k gelcoat repair. I've seen a couple cherry xstars go for 20k-25k range around here with low hours. So I think I'll offer him like $8k otherwise I'll walk.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 x star
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonmc View Post
So after talking to 3 mastercraft dealers, and 2 different shops I came to conclusion that this boat is not worth taking a chance on. They all felt with no service records, no documentation of new engine, lack of care to exterior, and over all apperance its just a big mess. I'm basically going to offer him a cash offer of difference of changing out motor and trans with the 3k gelcoat repair. I've seen a couple cherry xstars go for 20k-25k range around here with low hours. So I think I'll offer him like $8k otherwise I'll walk.

man id love to know where you guys shopping. i spent the last 8 months looking for a boat. and eventually found the one i picked up. 2001 x star crazy stereo but needs about 2500$ in work and elbow grease and has 750 hours.

one thing i found in my search if you want all the options people want like v drive, bow rider, low hours. unless you fluke out you get what you pay for.

if you want a cherry boat with low hours you need to break open the piggy bank, because what i found there is a lot more people out there who thrash there boats then who take care of them, and those who have the desired boats in nice shape know people will pay the price for them especially in peak season.

not saying this boat is a good deal and your wrong.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyluv View Post
man id love to know where you guys shopping. i spent the last 8 months looking for a boat. and eventually found the one i picked up. 2001 x star crazy stereo but needs about 2500$ in work and elbow grease and has 750 hours.

one thing i found in my search if you want all the options people want like v drive, bow rider, low hours. unless you fluke out you get what you pay for.

if you want a cherry boat with low hours you need to break open the piggy bank, because what i found there is a lot more people out there who thrash there boats then who take care of them, and those who have the desired boats in nice shape know people will pay the price for them especially in peak season.

not saying this boat is a good deal and your wrong.
What did you pay for yours?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '90 PS 190 /. '02 XStar
Talking

Anders.....

Here's one up the street from me a few houses...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/3849357384.html

When our family was looking last year in the spring & he didnt want to sell....he keeps it in dry storage all winter and most of the summer.... Seems to keep everything he has (vehicles, jet skis etc) in good/clean shape. I tried but he didn't want to sell until this year...... So we bought a '02 Xstar last Aug. (gotta strike when momma says go. )....

Just thought to pass along a 205 if you were looking...... It's a '93 tho and DD
Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '90 PS 190 /. '02 XStar
Are you by chance the one in CL looking for XStar/205 ads? Ask only because a friend pointed out a few ads these last few weeks and called me to see if we were selling ours....
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

[quote=mobilecascade;944958]Are you by chance the one in CL looking for XStar/205 ads? Ask only because a friend pointed out a few ads these last few weeks and called me to see if we were selling ours....[/QUOTEY

Ya I posted the ad hoping someone would see it and want to sell their boat and upgrade to a newer one. I had a few bites but nothing so far. I saw that 205 but refuse to get another DD drive. So are in you in the market to sell yours?