Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
1996 Mastercraft ProStar 190, Council Grove Kansas

We are moving from Kansas to Iowa due to a job change. We won't have time for skiing and have decided to sell the boat. We bought the 96 from the original owner (through the Wichita MC dealer) back in 07 and have had a blast since then. We are selling everything with the boat, so you are buying it all.

350 TBI, unknown hours because the hour meter does not record the time correctly. When we bought it, the dealer checked the hours with their computer (somewhere around 1,000), but I didn't write it down. I have maintained the motor and have not had any problems with it. Every year it gets new oil, filter and impeller. Last year it got new gear oil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and flame arrestor. It has the powerslot transmission.
I re-finished the deck back in 08, added cables to the locking pins so they don't get lost. Rear straps, wench strap and new trailer tires last year.

Clarion radio with 2 speakers and a sub. Nothing fancy, just decent tunes.

Ten Foot Pole, Skylon board rack and a barefoot boom are included. Rear view mirror and side view mirror included too. 2 sets of combo skis (1 adult, 1 youth), ski rope, wakeboard rope, misc ropes, first aid kit, assorted vests (for humans and dogs), 3 paddles, throwable, Gladiator tube and a Bimini that has a zippered top to fit around the pole.

The vinyl is showing its age and there are a few places that the seams are separating. The spotter's seat has tears and is currently covered with white duct tape. I was planning on replacing the vinyl at the end of this year.

The boat is ready for a test drive/ski and I could deliver just about anywhere for what it costs in fuel/motel.

Asking $13,000 and am willing to negotiate. You can send me a PM and I'll give you my phone # and answer any questions. It's been a great ski boat and we've had a lot of fun with it!

Go here for lots of pictures: http://s560.photobucket.com/user/sil...0ProStar%20190

Last edited by silverblueBP; 06-04-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Price dropped to $12,000, moving...its got to go!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MC Prostar 190 1993 351 PP RED AND WHITE
Bring it up to Iowa with you !!!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPSinclair 190 View Post
Bring it up to Iowa with you !!!
If I thought I'd have time (and find a place to keep it) I would. Better half will not have any time this year to go out and even then, she is terrified to pull me skiing with others on the lake (tried, she'll never get over it).

It's bad enough I'll have to pay to store my trailer and 66 Mustang, I need to sell the boat.

$11,000 takes it. Someone needs this boat!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Nice boat - you should really get those hours documented...does your year break out the hours by rpm band? That might help. I know my 567 hours is like 400 under load....
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

There is just no one within a 2 hr drive that can check the hours. I've called around and get dead air time then a no. One of those deals where I bought it thinking I'd keep it for a LONG time, not needing to fix the hour meter. If it died, I'd rebuild it. God knows I've rebuilt my 289 race motor enough.

It's always run great, kept up the maintenance and just had fun with it. I know that means little to another person, but if I have to spend time and money to sell it, then I will just store it. It's not like I'm trying to dump off a P.O.S.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft 190 blue flake S&S, LT1 & 1990 190 351W (current project)
I'm in Denver and in the market for a boat, I'll talk to the boss (wife) and see if I can get an increase in our budget!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towboatcapt View Post
I'm in Denver and in the market for a boat, I'll talk to the boss (wife) and see if I can get an increase in our budget!

PM sent
Old 06-21-2013, 01:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Bumping it up
Old 06-23-2013, 08:33 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Great deal here even with unknown hours. Do a compression test and overall mechanical check and SKI!

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy