Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 PROSTAR
Great job. Keep us posted.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft Prostar 190, 285 hp HO, 1:1
Putting all of the details on now. Tomorrow I'll start rewiring it with a 5 wire harness and adding the LED lights.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 03:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
That came out looking really nice.

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 LRC KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Mike - what paint did you use and what sprayer? Did you spray this thing where it sat? No issues with dust/dirt?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 06-17-2013, 03:56 PM
TT Regular

I used Delstar single stage enamel, PPG. I matched the white on my Suburban so I could use the extra to touch up the trim on my truck. Using medium reducer it flashes of pretty fast so dust didn't have time to settle. I tried the fast stuff on the fenders and it flashes way too fast. For a 65 degree day, the medium worked fine. Not must dust at all meaning you would really have to look for it. I actually got more dust on the fenders shooting them in my garage than I did outside. Having the fan sucking the air out I think circulated the air enough to disturb the dust. Being that it was clear coat, it can be lightly wet sanded and buffed out.

Had a calm day and wet everything down around me. Sprayed it right in the driveway. I have my favorite Binks spray gun, old siphon style, since I wasn't really going for showroom quality. If I did it over, I would have elevated the trailer a bit more so I could get better coverage under some of the rails. Laid a big tarp out so I didn't get any overspray on the driveway.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:01 PM
TT Regular

Side shot. Still need to rewire it, lights, pinstripe and secure the fenders. I left the old side reflectors off and instead used a 3M diamond reflective product. Much stronger reflective properties than the originals.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 09:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC prostar 190 1995 LT1
Johnboat

Nice work on the trailers! Mine has a few dents in it and your pics are good inspiration. Any idea on where to get the brake parts?

Thx.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 AM
TT Regular

I haven't done brakes yet. In a few weeks I'll pull the drums off to see if they're tired or have been rebuilt recently. Scrambling to get it ready for Friday to take east of the mountains to finally get it on the water. I sanded the transom with #1500 after the #1000 and buffed it this morning, came out great. I put a newer decal on the back and it looks great. I'll shoot a pic and post.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 AM
TT Regular

Had to do the decal before I started on the lights to get a little jazzed up before I dig into the wiring.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWMike View Post
I used Delstar single stage enamel, PPG. I matched the white on my Suburban so I could use the extra to touch up the trim on my truck. Using medium reducer it flashes of pretty fast so dust didn't have time to settle. I tried the fast stuff on the fenders and it flashes way too fast. For a 65 degree day, the medium worked fine. Not must dust at all meaning you would really have to look for it. I actually got more dust on the fenders shooting them in my garage than I did outside. Having the fan sucking the air out I think circulated the air enough to disturb the dust. Being that it was clear coat, it can be lightly wet sanded and buffed out.

Had a calm day and wet everything down around me. Sprayed it right in the driveway. I have my favorite Binks spray gun, old siphon style, since I wasn't really going for showroom quality. If I did it over, I would have elevated the trailer a bit more so I could get better coverage under some of the rails. Laid a big tarp out so I didn't get any overspray on the driveway.
Thanks man! It looks awesome!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...