Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Memorial Day Weekend 2013

I had a great weekend and felt like I was able to do a good bit which included adding about four hours to the boat. I probably would have added more, but my dad pulled me behind his pontoon just so others could watch the Sky Ski action. There were also a couple of things I didn't get to do as well, but I will take what I can get. My biggest accomplishment was learning to control the Sky Ski much better. It was like something just clicked from just last weekend. I am not sure what, but I went out several times and loved every minute and got so many stares, which is always fun in itself. It is so much more fun when you can make the ski go up or down on command. I was also able to wakeboard for the first time this season and tried out the new ballast bags, but found that I was a little rusty and now sore as well. I also got to try a wakeskate for the first time, which was different, but fun. I found out on the way home that my buddy with the wakeskate just bought a surfboard and he wanted me to go try it out with him, but I was on my way home unfortunately.

This was a much needed break and the water temps are finally creeping up into the low 80s with the weather in the low 90s! No rain for a change. I am looking forward to many more fun weekends like this one. I would love to hear about yours.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:17 AM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369710998.114922.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  49.7 KBShasta Lake
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
dinged my prop on the trailer today... im MAD! and it was blown out with 3 foot rollers on lake lewisville. today sucked. yesterday was pretty decent, got to surf and almost landed a pop shove it.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Got the seven year old up on two without the trainer bar for the first time on Saturday. By the end of the day, he was begging to learn to slalom. He'd crossed the wake on both sides. So who was I to refuse. On about 5 occasions, he almost got up today. Just needs to learn balance so the back of the ski doesn't get too squirrely. This has all been deep water starts. Had to mod the deep vee handle so it would do him some good. He's a little shorter than the typical user.

This was his first time up on two with no trainer aids.

And, yes, I am in a MasterCraft.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Great Memorial Day.
No boat this year but did see one of these on Saturday!
Attached Images

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-Star, 400hp Vortec
Well boat stopped running on Saturday when we first dropped it in...Spent the rest of the day chilling in it in the back yard just drinking and listening to the stereo! Jumped on it Sunday morning and replaced the fuel pump with an Airtech E2044 from Advance (per many other forum users suggestions!!! Thanks guys!!) and was back on the water by noon Sunday!! Had a boat full Sat-Mon!! Had a blast! Somehow tho I didn't actually end up in any of the pics!
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
We got about 8 hours of run time, 14 hours of lake time on the new boat, spread across 2 days. Also got to meet another TT member, Bamacraft. That was great! He lent a 750 lb sac to throw in the rear port locker and spent some time teaching us newbs about shaping a surf wake and helping us get started surfing. By the end of the day, everyone on the boat had at least gotten up on the surf board. My next step is tossing the rope. Next time out!

A great weekend.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 10:23 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I went out to LOTO (lake of the ozarks). Took the new boat down there and rented a place with 11 other friends. We were in the backyard of one of the on water bars there, and my boat was in the courtesy dock 50 yards from our back porch. Got in Friday evening, got the boat in the water, then we all went to the bar and started the celebration.

Saturday morning rolled around and I got up early to get out on the glass before all the 50 footers blew the lake out. Got back at 10AM or so from a couple sets on the wakeboard with another guy and then since we had 12 people, we rented a second boat (pontoon), went about 12 miles up the lake and coved out. The party was on the 'toon, and I loaded up the ballast in my boat, threw 8 others in the boat, and did a whole lot of surfing. Got most people up on the board, and I surfed no rope for the first time.. it was a good time. I stayed sober all day that day since I was driving my boat, so we eventually got back around 7-8 that night... needless to say, I cracked a beer as I started pulling into my slip.

Sunday was more coving out and partying, only with 1 boat this time (two of my friends had to leave early). So I have 10 people on my boat (my max capacity)... boats only a 20 footer, so pretty small for LOTO. We go up the lake again to stay on the less busy side of things, but holy crap coming home around 4:00 was a little ridiculous. There were some BIG waves from all the boat traffic. I was able to keep things under control, but it was pretty stressful with a full boat, dodging lake traffic, trying to cut massive waves at the correct angle, and doing all of this for a solid hour of straight driving to get back home. It was fun though! What a weekend!

Last edited by mzimme; 05-28-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
Gotta love memorial day.... in Canada. NOT one boat on the water all day and glass, well except for us...
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Great Memorial Day.
No boat this year but did see one of these on Saturday!
You're in Alaska now?! New job up there?

1994 205, LT1