Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Hole Shot.

I can't imagine needing more...
Old 10-02-2005, 09:23 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
I agree Stevo! I occasionally have others driving and they hit it so hard my arms explode! I like to hit the person and myself with rpms in the range of the speed they will run. I am not the fastest to hit plane. I have found that dragging a foot will shorten the time. Both feet in boots and I will need a softer pullup. Some say the 93 285 was the fastest to 36 MC made. That being said I can honestly say I don't use it all! Try the 541 and you will be even more amazed!

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 10-03-2005, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
Try the 541 and you will be even more amazed!
Bring one with you and we'll see...
Old 10-03-2005, 11:26 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
93 205 with the 541. I'm up and fixing my shorts before the wake gets to me.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:35 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1991 mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 w/powerslot. Blue & grey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
93 205 with the 541. I'm up and fixing my shorts before the wake gets to me.
Those shorts you wear arent flowered shorts like BriEOD wears are they Eastie??

ok, to the matter at hand: Hole shot. as you may remember I learned to start on one ski this season(due to all your fine folks help) and not that its like second nature, I have whomever is towing me to to hammer it, balls to the wall, full bore, wide open. I pop out of the water like right now, instant. I am using a 4 blade AMCE also. lots of snap, right now. 91 351 with a powerslot. its quick and I like it. I think the quick starts allow you to conserve energy on take offs rather than drag through the water. I had that trouble for years. The more hole shot, the better off you are IMO. someone else said that to me here on the board earlier in the year(cant remember who), they said that you can never have too much hole shot, and right they are!!! but by the same token, I cant imagine any more than what I have now being usable.

UMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
541 makes a huge difference in holeshot over stock prop and more than power, it is so much smoother out of the hole. Go for it Stevo, you drove mine, imagine what it will do for your boat!!

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 SN196
Send a message via Yahoo to ski36short
I'm all for holeshot too. I don't want my arms ripped out by giving it to me all at once with a foot of slack, but I like the throttle to get really deep on the way out.

I'll put my LT1 1:1 (OJ 13x13, stock) against anyone in terms of holeshot. Several guys have told me that mine is the only boat they've ask for less than all of it. It's got throttle response like no other boat I've been in or behind. I know I don't have the only one here, any other LT1-equipped shampoo boats get the same reaction?!?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
tonight, one of our friends drove the boat, he went from a dead stop to 30 plus in like 4 seconds. Oh well, he was a good driver in the course.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:08 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
This would make a good thread. I have always heard that the 1991-1994 Prostar 190 had the quickest 0-36 times ever recorded by a MasterCraft until recently when the twin engine X-80 bettered the mark. More than hp make a quick boat. Hull design, weight and torque would I believe play a more important role. Don't know where we could do this but I would love to see which one is faster. I know an X-9 with the 350 does not have a snowballs chance. Michigan is not that far. Whoever has access to the numbers, it would be nice to know what was and is the fastest accelerating MasterCraft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski36short
I'm all for holeshot too. I don't want my arms ripped out by giving it to me all at once with a foot of slack, but I like the throttle to get really deep on the way out.

I'll put my LT1 1:1 (OJ 13x13, stock) against anyone in terms of holeshot. Several guys have told me that mine is the only boat they've ask for less than all of it. It's got throttle response like no other boat I've been in or behind. I know I don't have the only one here, any other LT1-equipped shampoo boats get the same reaction?!?

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 10-03-2005, 09:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski36short

Well I better get in here with this story before the Wildman starts talking smack...

we were out at the Bayou one day and this dude pulls up in a 82ish S&S, "claims" he just got the boat and wanted to do a hole shot against another boat just to see.....

well I had just taken a run and Wildman was in the seat, so I tell him go ahead, just don't embarrass the kid too bad

Well, as this kid was walking away from us I figured Brad was sandbagging it (you know he's a Ford man can't have a Chevy beat a Ford blah blah blah) so we stopped and did another one and this kid still walked away from us.

No telling what was done to that engine but it wasn't stock, I did not have the 541 on, I'm not sure what the number is but it's a 13X12.65 and the hole shot is alot softer but the top end runs faster. This is with a LT1 350hp 1:1.

I usually as the wife to drive at 3000 rmp with the 541 on and this will usually get around 30, with this other prop 3000 rpm gets around 33-34 once the boat/skier are up.