Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
Anyone figured out how to successfully float on for this kind of trailer?

Yes I know I am missing a guide in this picture ha ha...

I have the same trailer with the optional winch stand. I can float on but it winches on easy enough I use the same position whether I winch or drive on. Old pics - kindly ignore the ugly whitewall tires the boat came with.
Attached Images

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Mastercraft S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I have the same trailer with the optional winch stand. I can float on but it winches on easy enough I use the same position whether I winch or drive on. Old pics - kindly ignore the ugly whitewall tires the boat came with.
Where did you get the winch?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:32 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Where did you get the winch?
It came with the boat. VM is still in business. Perhaps they can assist with a winch stand, They were most helpful in providing new stickers when I painted the trailer. They sent them out at N/C in just a couple days.

http://www.vmboattrailers.com/

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Anyone figure out how to successfully float on for this kind of trailer? Last time I was out the boat broke down and I had to float it on but it was a 10 minute process. Once on dry land I had to slam the brakes on so it would slide up onto the guides correctly. I don't mind powering it on and I have yet to get in trouble but I always get looks from people.

Yes I know I am missing a guide in this picture ha ha...

And the Cheez-its are still on the dash from your thread about buying it
Old 08-16-2013, 01:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 tristar 190
to get my tristar on i too back the trailer in way deep and float it on and hook up the bar .

then i need my wife to sit in the boat and center it on the trailer while i pull it out slowly so she can hold it centered. if i don't back it in deep enough my front eyelet will catch on the v block up front also when she slides off the trailer. i just prefer to float it on anyways .don't need to wack the prop.

1988 mastercraft tristar (open bow).
Old 03-09-2014, 06:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 mastercraft prostar 190
Two bad habits boaters have.

Two things that should never be done with your tow vehicle when launching or retrieving a boat.
1. Allowing you exhaust pipe, or pipes to be put under water. If the engine would happen to quit for some reason the hot pipe reacting with the cool water would create a vacuum sucking water up the pipe and to your engines cylinders. If you then get in your vehicle and crank the engine you create a hydraulic lock which will bend the rods, as water will not compress.
2. You should never allow your rear axle into the water. The oil seals are made to keep oil into the axle, not water out. Putting that axle into the water will allow water into your differential fluid causing the lube to be diluted, and if left in long enough all the gears will rust into a lot of useless junk.

Keep your exhaust out of the water, and don't put your rear axle under the water.