Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Xstar
Best place to order parts

I have a new to me 05 Xstar and need to pick up some odds and end parts. Basically a couple toggle switches, two interior cup holder LEDZ, maybe a couple ballast gauges ( depending on price) and a clip for my bimini. I called a dealer and he returned my call saying that MC discountinued my entire list and referred me to some RAMBO company!??! I wanted to get some feedback. I didnt think a 8 yr old boat should be having a parts problem, but who knows. Any feedback?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Maristar 225 VRS, LT1
Rambo Marine in Hazlegreen Al. Ask for Lee Pearson. Great group of people, and if anybody can steer you in the right direction, Lee can.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
That's why the forum is here... we find all sorts of resources for parts and alternative solutions.

Manufacturer only has to keep parts available for 7 years after last manufacture date by law. That being said - that being said - many parts are still available. i.e. I found a fuel pump for my '95 for $84 at Rockauto and shared it here... that would save an average of $270 from most marine outlets.

Lot's of parts out there - just got to find them - lot of regulars here can point you to threads with solutions.

Also many of the parts have been traced back to their manufacturers.. so you can get a part but it may not be MC branded... such as gauges etc.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:45 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Xstar
Good deal. I am going to give Rambo Marine a try. Thanks for the input!