Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Mastercraft on board air?

Ok, interested in either getting a DC plug put in the rear of my boat to plug up the tube inflator or I have also seen some MC's that has a hose with a pistol grip air nossle. Does anyone know what they use for this and what does everyone else recommend?

I know everyone is against pulling tubes on a MC but I have a 4 year old that loves to ride a tube so Daddy makes sure she gets plenty of tube time!

I'd love to see some pics of your set up too!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:13 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
MasterCrafts are designed to tow things. Including tubes.

Inflating a tube is about volume not pressure, so you need something like a Turboflator rather than a compressor.

Generally, when we pull tubes, they're pretty much inflated when we load them so they only need to be topped off, in which case a foot pump works fine. If you're starting from the tube completely deflated....

http://www.waterskis.com/HO-12-Volt-...6_a_7c36890000

Get a good one. The cheaper ones are prone to motors overheating in the time it takes to inflate a Super Mabel.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I just installed 2 stainless steel DC outlets to the rear compartments for my Tsunami pump to fill my ballast bags. Got tired of stretching the cord all the way to the dash. Bought a couple piggy back spade connectors and installed them on outlet next to the driver's seat. I then plugged the new wires with spade connectors on the existing plug then ran the wires through the wiring looms over the cup holders then around the back over to the other side. Fairly easy job. Had about an hour and a half into it including the typical celebration beer afterwards.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2013, 04:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
No bull on this. But I literally use a leaf blower to fill my tube. Yes, gas powered leaf blower. It's in my boat right now. Fills up a tube in about 1 minute.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-02-2013, 05:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Pump

Now that I think about it the DC outlet maybe the best option since I do use a Tsunami pump too. I have to run the cord up to the drivers seat too and it's always in the way and etc..

Did you install the two plugs one on each side? I'm thinking of just installing one on the starboard side of the boat. Couldn't I just connect it to something already in the back instead of going all the way to the drivers side?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Yup, PITA.

I put one on each side so it would match, MCOCD.

I wanted power that was already fused and set up to provide dedicated power. Pulling power off a circuit that was not designed for that purpose can have less than desirable results. I also didn't want to cut into a circuit. The way I did this didn't require a splice. It also looks like it came from the factory this way, which I believei it should have.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
I carry a Coleman rechargable inflator - $35 - does a great job. Holds a charge forever too. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0125xMPTLSx025
Somewhere between SML and LKG
Old 06-02-2013, 06:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
I carry a Coleman rechargable inflator - $35 - does a great job. Holds a charge forever too. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0125xMPTLSx025
+1 on the Coleman. Ours came with an air matress we bought at Walmart, and the whole pkg was prolly $35. Our battery finally failed and after a quick disassembly I was able to get a replacement from Batterymart pretty cheap. Does a great job, takes up little space and doesn't need power onboard.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:07 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
No bull on this. But I literally use a leaf blower to fill my tube. Yes, gas powered leaf blower. It's in my boat right now. Fills up a tube in about 1 minute.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Nice! How did you step the blower down to fit the valve on the tube? I blow up a queen size Coleman mattress for the ladies to lay on and really like the blower idea.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Yup, PITA.

I put one on each side so it would match, MCOCD.

I wanted power that was already fused and set up to provide dedicated power. Pulling power off a circuit that was not designed for that purpose can have less than desirable results. I also didn't want to cut into a circuit. The way I did this didn't require a splice. It also looks like it came from the factory this way, which I believei it should have.
Where did you buy all you supplies? Mainly the connectors. I agree I want it factory looking and done right for sure!

JG