Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2, MCX
Vibo boat lifts

Does anyone own or know someone who owns a Vibo boat lift? If so, can you provide feedback as to durability, support, longevity, etc.? Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft,205,1996
We have a 4000# vertical with 24' canopy. Some of the rollers tend to creak and groan a bit. IMO more of the frame is bolted vs welded when comparing to Hewitt or Shorestation. I really like their deep canopies, and we can tuck our 205 almost out of site in the canopy. Summary: no problems for our family and would buy one again (we bought ours used and have had it for 3-4 years).
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks, jmhjgh! This is good to hear. Sounds like its faired well even with the midwestern storms? We liked the deep canopy as well and from what a few of the installers in our area were saying they hold up pretty well. Do you have a tower? If so, do you fold down or do you have the tower extension? Thanks again!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Anyone else??? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC, 209, 2002, 310 HP
Friend of mine has a Air Nautique on a Vibo lift and he has had it for several years with no complaints. I would have no reservations about buying one.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peason View Post
Friend of mine has a Air Nautique on a Vibo lift and he has had it for several years with no complaints. I would have no reservations about buying one.
Thanks for the input, peason. Put our order in last week...Seem like a good company with great customer service too. Hope it will last for many many years to come.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:53 AM
TT Regular

We do not have a tower. But if I did, I would fold it down and tuck the boat up in the canopy. We put ours in the water this past weekend. No issues, and the wheel kit works pretty good for moving the lift. No issues with any storms so far. We did have our lake level rise years back, and the pontoon that was under another canopy rose and floated both pontoon and lift across the bay.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhjgh View Post
We do not have a tower. But if I did, I would fold it down and tuck the boat up in the canopy. We put ours in the water this past weekend. No issues, and the wheel kit works pretty good for moving the lift. No issues with any storms so far. We did have our lake level rise years back, and the pontoon that was under another canopy rose and floated both pontoon and lift across the bay.
Thanks for the update. Good to hear about the tower down option too as this is what we elected to do. Seems secure this way in more ways than one.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:59 PM
TT Regular

The only problem with the tower is that it makes putting it back on the lift after a quick run more difficult. Our boat might go on/off the lift several times a day on a weekend.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhjgh View Post
The only problem with the tower is that it makes putting it back on the lift after a quick run more difficult. Our boat might go on/off the lift several times a day on a weekend.
Completely understandable and we've thought about this. Security, stability and protection were more of the concern/priority. It would certainly be nice to pull in everytime; however, we can moor on the weekends if needed.