Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hig View Post
I figured I've spent enough money on Snap-on and S&K tools, should I have Snap-On engraved on them?
You could engrave your name in them, too. Maybe, with a small picture of yourself and "Have You Seen Me, Lately?" below.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Hey hig, I know this is from a couple pages back in this thread, but where did you find you replacement cup holders at? The ones in my boat are cracked at the rim as well was wondering about how to go about fixing / replacing them. For a while, I was thinking about using stainless steel cup holders, but that would not match up well with the colors on this boat.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar with a Corvette LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturvey View Post
Hey hig, I know this is from a couple pages back in this thread, but where did you find you replacement cup holders at? The ones in my boat are cracked at the rim as well was wondering about how to go about fixing / replacing them. For a while, I was thinking about using stainless steel cup holders, but that would not match up well with the colors on this boat.
I bought them off of Ebay. Here is the actual item and here is the seller I bought them from but just do a search for boat cup holders.

I hope that helps,
Steve
Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hig View Post
I bought them off of Ebay. Here is the actual item and here is the seller I bought them from but just do a search for boat cup holders.

I hope that helps,
Steve
Definitely gives me a place to start. Thanks! What did us use to, for lack of a better word, glue the cup holders in on the rear seat?

Joe
Old 08-02-2013, 09:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturvey View Post
Definitely gives me a place to start. Thanks! What did us use to, for lack of a better word, glue the cup holders in on the rear seat?

Joe
That's funny, I haven't got that far yet!! When I removed my old ones they looked like they where held in with some black glue so I'm not sure what I'm going to use.

Any suggestions????

Steve
Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

I'd be curious about that myself. The first thing that comes to mind is 5200. Would like to know what they used at the factory. Its lasted 15 years and despite the rims cracking, the bond between the vinyl and the plastic cup holder still seems very strong. PL glue maybe?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
When I replaced mine, I just pushed the new ones down in the hole. No muss, no fuss.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 w/Tower
I replaced mine with the stainless steel variety a few years ago and love them. Something like this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Stainle...a4e708&vxp=mtr

I did the same, just pushed them in place no glue. Easy to clean that way and no risk of getting adhesive where I don't want it.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Well, the motor is in and running!! I started it quickly yesterday and had good oil pressure but I did not have the muffler installed. Today after installing that I started it and ran it for a few minutes, oil pressure was great and it sounded good but my idle was fluctuating up and down (surging). I'm hoping my cousin can come over this week and take a look at it with me, maybe it's as simple as the computer setting it's self up.

I also aligned the propshaft, the trans is over to the port side quite a bit but I was able to get everything aligned up and it looks good going thru the shaft log.

I am concerned about my fuel pump, it was froze up then I first tried it but after a few tries it started spinning but it seems very loud, I want to double check the fuel pressure to make sure that's working okay.

I still need to double check for leaks, get the idle straightened out, reassemble the dash and put the side decals on. I'm getting there.

Steve
Old 08-04-2013, 09:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Is this the stock pitch/size prop for my maristar?

Thanks, Steve