Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
Can you please tell me what states prohibit a boat driver from drinking?
I have never heard of 0.0 bac for boating and cant find anything to support that statement from this website - http://dui.findlaw.com/dui-charges/s...ol-levels.html

Maybe you should also encourage reporting any suspected Communist activity or if he has too nice of a boat...might be tax evasion???

You are entitled to your MADD rant as I walk over and pop you in the mouth and throw your phone overboard. At least then you have something to cry about.

Better not have a beer before any watersports either, many states now have similar standards.......nanny state ahead. No, HERE!
He has issues with vocabulary. And can't read anything within context. Taking the words drinking and alcohol and implying that you report anyone with a cup in their hand. Sad rebuttal. He must be related to Joe Biden.

I use a VHF radio not my cell phone. And it floats.

And you sound stupid. Almost 650 people died last year on boats and the number one cause was alcohol. There were over 6000 accidents and the number one cause being an inattentive driver.

The odds are against you and anyone who boats around you. You've got your number in line, it will be called.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
I just heard on the radio this morning that there we 17 killed in AL and reading the above post see that nearly 650 in the country lost their lives in boating accidents last year. I don't know why people consider it different (drinking while driving) on the water but they do. I'll have a beer every now and then but not numerous drinks and then head out on the water. I treasure my time on the water but treasure my time with my family even more. No since in risking it.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
PREGNANT WOMAN AND HER CHILD DIE IN BOATING ACCIDENT HIGH ROCK LAKE, NC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Y80G_aNh8Qg#!

Alcohol and speed boats (or ski boats) do not mix. If you see the driver of a boat with a drink in his hand, report it. Do not feel like you are being a NARC. you are possibly going to save someones life or teach someone a valuable lesson.

Witness drinking and driving/boating, REPORT IT.
What was taken out of context? Your words and instruction are very specific and absolute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
He has issues with vocabulary. And can't read anything within context. Taking the words drinking and alcohol and implying that you report anyone with a cup in their hand. Sad rebuttal. He must be related to Joe Biden.

I use a VHF radio not my cell phone. And it floats.

And you sound stupid. Almost 650 people died last year on boats and the number one cause was alcohol. There were over 6000 accidents and the number one cause being an inattentive driver.

The odds are against you and anyone who boats around you. You've got your number in line, it will be called.

I would say you look like the bigger azz. The video link clearly states alcohol was not a factor if you want to refute that and act like the Patrickx2 was not correct in his statement, back it up.

Spewing numbers like "650 people died on boats and the number one cause was alcohol" is also misleading with no statistical backup.

Let me help you......
USCG reports for the past 13 years - http://www.uscgboating.org/statistic...tatistics.aspx

Citing from the 2012 report -
• Almost seventy-one (71) percent of all fatal boating accident victims DROWNED, and of
those, almost eighty-five (85) percent were not reported as wearing a life jacket.
60% of all deaths were due to drowning while not wearing a life jacket
Seems like many more lives could be saved with mandatory life jackets than lowering BAC??
oh wait, people still drink and drive, they probably will not wear life jackets either

• Operator inattention, operator inexperience, improper lookout, machinery failure, and
excessive speed rank as the top five primary contributing factors in accidents.
Alcohol is not even in the top five causes of accidents.

• Alcohol use is the leading contributing factor in fatal boating accidents; it was listed
as the leading factor in 17% of deaths.
This statistic is subjective and prone to abuse by LEO and accident investigators due to the current stigma of alcohol and pressure by special interests.
This label also tends to yield more media attention, greater penalties and larger fines (REVENUE) both on the agenda of special interest and prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves.

Look at the numbers and determine a better course of action than diminishing returns.

BE CLEAR - I am not for someone clearly sloshed drunk, operating in an unsafe manner, leaving a trail of flotsam.

I am here to stand up for the rights of 99% of citizens - those with an agenda continue to push for lower BAC and less relevant measures which have little impact on accident prevention but serve to harass the public, further the agenda of special interest and line government coffers.

Last edited by bsloop; 05-29-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Quote:
What was taken out of context? Your words and instruction are very specific and absolute.

Yada, yada, yada...

I couldn't have stated this any better. My sentiments exactly. Are you picking up the phone and reporting every wally slinging tubers within 10 feet of a dock - creating a rolling wake in a No Wake Zone - operating without proper lighting or pulling someone at dusk and generally policing for all violations as well? Perhaps you should join the Coast Guard Auxiliary as well to help make the waters safer for all of us?

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
I've had too much of this debate in the past on here. But I'm selling my boat if I can't have a few beers while on the water. Very few are more aware or cautious on the water than I am, but a few relaxing cocktails is part of my day.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 AM
MC Devotee

Wow pussy cats. You are all seriously little babies. Yeah, I'm out there reporting everything I see. Get a life.

With that said. If you see someone who is drunk, or acting crazy, or being dangerous and could cause someone harm. Report it.

Stop getting all but hurt over a statement to report drunk drivers. Drunk. Not drivers sitting in a cove having a beer.

Is everyone this unrealistic?

And bsloop. I see your *** out on the water and I will T you up. ****in babies

Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
I am here to stand up for the rights of 99% of citizens - those with an agenda continue to push for lower BAC and less relevant measures which have little impact on accident prevention but serve to harass the public, further the agenda of special interest and line government coffers.
Did i say anything about lowering bac limits, about changing laws, about anything like that. Or am I just on your attack list because you read a small paragraph and then jump all over me for it?

Hold on guys, BSLOOP found way out of left field again.

I'll tell you what butter cup. You come here to Chicago and see how you get treated talking to people like that.

Like I said. I'll T you up & sink your ****in boat.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Series, 30, 2008
Okay. How about everybody just take a deep breath and calm down.

I have seen plenty of times when emotions on the lake with tempers and looking to be tough and all get people in trouble and potentially themselves and others hurt.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
maybe this will help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Ky4RTtqMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjet View Post

I have seen plenty of times when emotions on the lake with tempers and looking to be tough and all get people in trouble and potentially themselves and others hurt.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjet View Post

Yep I had to go pop some popcorn as I read this drama unfold...