Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
PREGNANT WOMAN AND HER CHILD DIE IN BOATING ACCIDENT HIGH ROCK LAKE, NC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Y80G_aNh8Qg#!

Not to thread jack but I didn't want to start another thread while this one is still on top. However, apparently this needs brought up again. Guys and girls.

Alcohol and speed boats (or ski boats) do not mix. If you see the driver of a boat with a drink in his hand, report it. Do not feel like you are being a NARC. you are possibly going to save someones life or teach someone a valuable lesson.

Witness drinking and driving/boating, REPORT IT.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 X2
I'm not sure I understand why you linked this story with the alcohol lecture? It said that it wasn't suspected in the crash. Sure drinking and boating can be fatal, but so can just boating with those who don't know how to drive. Heck with motorcycles we're required to get tested or take a safety course, not sure why boating would be any different. I know under 15, you have to, I've seen many a person who has no business driving a 2ton missile.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I only linked the YouTube video. In the written report they cited alcohol and speed to be the main factors.

You can call it a lecture but I just care about safety. This is not my first post on drinking and won't be my last.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-27-2013, 01:34 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 03 MasterCraft PROSTAR 197
01 190 crash

Just like the drunks that crashed into my boat last year at this time .
They could have killed someone ! It was a hit and run . They were never arrested and it looks like their going to get a slap on the wrist and I'll have to wait forever to see a penny for all the damage they caused.!
Thanks for posting this tread members . I will take a copy of that article to the prosecutor to show him the seriousness of drinking while boating.
Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Boat: 06 X30
I drink all the time on my boat, but after I've had a couple this is my view for the rest of the day. It just doesn't make sense to me why people think it's ok to drive a boat while intoxicated.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 02:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
PREGNANT WOMAN AND HER CHILD DIE IN BOATING ACCIDENT HIGH ROCK LAKE, NC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Y80G_aNh8Qg#!

Not to thread jack but I didn't want to start another thread while this one is still on top. However, apparently this needs brought up again. Guys and girls.

Alcohol and speed boats (or ski boats) do not mix. If you see the driver of a boat with a drink in his hand, report it. Do not feel like you are being a NARC. you are possibly going to save someones life or teach someone a valuable lesson.

Witness drinking and driving/boating, REPORT IT.
Can you please tell me what states prohibit a boat driver from drinking?
I have never heard of 0.0 bac for boating and cant find anything to support that statement from this website - http://dui.findlaw.com/dui-charges/s...ol-levels.html

Maybe you should also encourage reporting any suspected Communist activity or if he has too nice of a boat...might be tax evasion???

You are entitled to your MADD rant as I walk over and pop you in the mouth and throw your phone overboard. At least then you have something to cry about.

Better not have a beer before any watersports either, many states now have similar standards.......nanny state ahead. No, HERE!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
And here this goes..........
Old 05-28-2013, 03:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I know in Missouri if you're born after Jan 1. of '84 or '85 (cant remember which), you're required to take a boating safety course and carry your certificate of completion on board at all times if you're driving. Personally, I think that rule is a little silly, but it is what it is. I'm grandfathered in, so I didn't have to take one, but if I ever needed someone else to drive my boat in because I planned ahead to be drinking that day, brought a DD, then had my DD get in trouble because they didn't "have a boat license", I'd be a little upset. That being said, I don't have more than a couple beers while I'm out all day, as it's not worth it. I have one here and there to enjoy a brew on the lake, but I wait until I get back to the dock/campsite/home/whatever before I start getting my buzz on.

The key is to be responsible about things. There's absolutely no problem with having drinks on the lake. It's when you step over the limit's and put your life and other's lives in danger where it becomes a problem. Hell, the chop I had to drive through over the weekend in the Ozarks would have been a deathtrap waiting to happen in my 20 footer had I been hammered like the other people in my boat. I couldn't even play with the stereo volume I was so focused on the next set of rollers coming at me. Anyone that takes on that challenge while also being overly intoxicated is asking to sink their boat, or worse, kill someone.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190
Sad story about the deaths at high rock lake. Only 45 minutes from my house. The husband of the pregnant wife went to school with someone I know. The husband is also an only child so his parents lost their only grandson and daughter in law. Sad story. I don't take my wife and boat to the lake on holiday weekends. To me it's just not worth the risk and stress.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
Can you please tell me what states prohibit a boat driver from drinking?
I have never heard of 0.0 bac for boating and cant find anything to support that statement from this website - http://dui.findlaw.com/dui-charges/s...ol-levels.html

Maybe you should also encourage reporting any suspected Communist activity or if he has too nice of a boat...might be tax evasion???

You are entitled to your MADD rant as I walk over and pop you in the mouth and throw your phone overboard. At least then you have something to cry about.

Better not have a beer before any watersports either, many states now have similar standards.......nanny state ahead. No, HERE!
You've got to be kidding? I guess it's your choice to be responsible, or not. You just look like a damn fool posting up rubbish like this. Guess that's you choice too, no one can stop you from looking like a Donk. Just hope your lack of responsibility doesn't affect others on the waters you boat on.