I'll second that!
Yeah, yeah. I guess so
Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
Yeah, yeah. I guess so
The first trip out can be full of pitfalls. I always make my first venture as a shake-down run only in attempt to limit disappointment.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 05-16-2013, 10:26 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
So just had to share our first time out. Yesterday was a bad day for the girl at work. We haven't been on the water yet and she called saying she just needed to get some fresh air.........to the MCmobile! An hour later we are plopping in. Run around the immediate area for about 10 minutes and the boat is running better than ever. I'm talking pissed off bull happy. I'm pretty sure I was ear to ear grinning. We take off down the lake for a quick run and a jetskier decides to have some fun. I'm just testing the perfect pass etc and hes jumping my wake way too close. Not thinking one bit I slam on the throttle still engaged in PP. Engine basically dies off and the a hole almost lands in the back of the boat. It was close enough that I jumped on the girlfriend and he sprayed water inside the boat. I throw it full throttle again to give chase and hear a snap after 20 seconds......... Ruh roh. Pull open the doghouse and one of the strands on the belt broke. Brand new freaking belt! So when I opened the doghouse it slaps right through my foot. gushing blood all over the boat.You would think after having my hand thrown into the belt last year I would have learned to never open it running.

Keep in mind at this point I'm 3 miles or so from the dock, its almost dark, and I'm bleeding like helen keller in a room lined with nails. Finally someone passes and offers us a tow in. AWESOME! PS: Yes I usually keep a spare belt in the boat but hadn't put my bags in yet.

Not only are we getting towed in but a 190 is getting towed in too. 3rd MC of the day I saw dragged in including myself. If someone owns the flake 190 that was getting towed in that thing is prettyyyyyyy.

and the day continues on.......

So 2 weeks ago I got a new 2wd truck. Mid way pulling up the ramp I'm happy that the tires didn't spin one bit........until a guy cuts right in front of me to turn around on the ramp. Had to stop. Evidently that is a no no in a 2wd on a soaked ramp. Basically had to smoke tires to get her up the ramp. I'm sure I looked awesome getting towed in and then smoking tires on the way out. Calmly explained to the guy that you can't just cut someone off coming up the ramp b/c of that. He says sorry and at the this point I just need a natty light.

We get home and I immediately wipe down the boat and start to wash blood out. The natty tastes like holy water and all is well in the world.

Take the boat to storage this morning and get a flat. Still in my zen like place I pull over to change the tire. Oh fantastic must have left the lug lock key for the spare in the yukon when I traded it in.

What an epic 24 hours of crap.

The only thing keeping me calm at this point is the thought of more of this and less of that
Duuuuuuuude.... I don't mean to laugh, I know I've had some shirty days on the lake but I about spewed my coffee on the Helen Keller comment.

Hope your foot gets better fast.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
I hated reading this as it reminds me of my former boat (78S+S) that was clapped out when I bought it and a lot better when I sold it to a guy who redid the stringers. It seemed like every ride was an adventure! Too many tows later I got it running well. That's why now I am like Peter in that the first ride is only a shakedown run..... Take it out for a few minutes at a time to see what isn't working, fix it, then go in earnest. Now you know what happened so good luck with the rest of the year.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '07 X-STAR
Man we have all been there.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMoose View Post
I hated reading this as it reminds me of my former boat (78S+S) that was clapped out when I bought it and a lot better when I sold it to a guy who redid the stringers. It seemed like every ride was an adventure! Too many tows later I got it running well. That's why now I am like Peter in that the first ride is only a shakedown run..... Take it out for a few minutes at a time to see what isn't working, fix it, then go in earnest. Now you know what happened so good luck with the rest of the year.
Initially it was mandatory for me as well as my boat came disassembled and not running. All my efforts have been paying off as not one single breakdown last year. Not even one slow/hard start. I anticipate the same to continue........but I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it.

LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 ProStar 214
Oh total bummer....at least you and your girlfriend are ok....how is the foot??
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Initially it was mandatory for me as well as my boat came disassembled and not running. All my efforts have been paying off as not one single breakdown last year. Not even one slow/hard start. I anticipate the same to continue........but I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it
yea mine didn't run worth a crap when I bought it. Ran into another TT member going through the same stuff who is coincidently a neighbor last weekend. I remembered where the boat started and where it is now and felt great . Always good when you see it start to pay off. He who will remain nameless has many many hours ahead of him before he starts to see the light haha
Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
hey just a random question. Having a pita finding a goodyear tire. Will I be in trouble going to a diff tire of the same size for a tandem? Not sure if its an issue or not.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
hey just a random question. Having a pita finding a goodyear tire. Will I be in trouble going to a diff tire of the same size for a tandem? Not sure if its an issue or not.
Shouldn't present a problem. Just take a look at manufacturer specs to see tire diameter. There is no standardization on size so there is a bit of variety out there.