Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Well that was my worst 24hrs of boat ownership

So just had to share our first time out. Yesterday was a bad day for the girl at work. We haven't been on the water yet and she called saying she just needed to get some fresh air.........to the MCmobile! An hour later we are plopping in. Run around the immediate area for about 10 minutes and the boat is running better than ever. I'm talking pissed off bull happy. I'm pretty sure I was ear to ear grinning. We take off down the lake for a quick run and a jetskier decides to have some fun. I'm just testing the perfect pass etc and hes jumping my wake way too close. Not thinking one bit I slam on the throttle still engaged in PP. Engine basically dies off and the a hole almost lands in the back of the boat. It was close enough that I jumped on the girlfriend and he sprayed water inside the boat. I throw it full throttle again to give chase and hear a snap after 20 seconds......... Ruh roh. Pull open the doghouse and one of the strands on the belt broke. Brand new freaking belt! So when I opened the doghouse it slaps right through my foot. gushing blood all over the boat.You would think after having my hand thrown into the belt last year I would have learned to never open it running.

Keep in mind at this point I'm 3 miles or so from the dock, its almost dark, and I'm bleeding like helen keller in a room lined with nails. Finally someone passes and offers us a tow in. AWESOME! PS: Yes I usually keep a spare belt in the boat but hadn't put my bags in yet.

Not only are we getting towed in but a 190 is getting towed in too. 3rd MC of the day I saw dragged in including myself. If someone owns the flake 190 that was getting towed in that thing is prettyyyyyyy.

and the day continues on.......

So 2 weeks ago I got a new 2wd truck. Mid way pulling up the ramp I'm happy that the tires didn't spin one bit........until a guy cuts right in front of me to turn around on the ramp. Had to stop. Evidently that is a no no in a 2wd on a soaked ramp. Basically had to smoke tires to get her up the ramp. I'm sure I looked awesome getting towed in and then smoking tires on the way out. Calmly explained to the guy that you can't just cut someone off coming up the ramp b/c of that. He says sorry and at the this point I just need a natty light.

We get home and I immediately wipe down the boat and start to wash blood out. The natty tastes like holy water and all is well in the world.

Take the boat to storage this morning and get a flat. Still in my zen like place I pull over to change the tire. Oh fantastic must have left the lug lock key for the spare in the yukon when I traded it in.

What an epic 24 hours of crap.

The only thing keeping me calm at this point is the thought of more of this and less of that
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
I honestly do not know what to say.... Except, I hope to God I never have a day like that!! Knock, Knock!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Sorry to hear about the rough day... how's the foot?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Wow, what a day. Things will get better. I guess it's good that it was all little stuff, but it doesn't feel that way when it's your little stuff.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Wow, what a day. Things will get better. I guess it's good that it was all little stuff, but it doesn't feel that way when it's your little stuff.
Yea I didn't flip out once which is a shocker for me. Looking at it the boat ran better than ever and its a 50 buck fix. I actually already had a belt on order for a new spare since the old spare was alil ragged. It will be on the doorstep when i get home. The only thing that really worries me is the truck at this point. 2 weeks in and it might not fit the bill for what I need. The tire is just a tire.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the rough day... how's the foot?
didn't feel a thing until the beer wore off. nothing some butterflys and super glue can't fix! Plus I got to wear sandals to work today!!! lol
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Well, good day for me to read this. I dont feel so alone now.

Had plan to go spearfishing tomorrow. First of the season. Take my kid to school today and Bamm! Flat tire on the yrailer i see.

This is going to to take my diving time off!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-30
ouch SammyD, that is a sucky 24 hours. but hey you are still alive, boat is in one piece and you have an entire season ahead of you...I wish you cool runnings on your next outing...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Bright side: your interior looks awesome!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Hahaha, couldn't have happened to a better person. Hope your boats twin doesn't see the same issues its first time out.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
Bright side: your interior looks awesome!!
I'll second that!

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com