Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplv View Post
if 9 out of 10 people hate it then 1 out of 10 will have to have it, and there wont be 20 other boats just like it for sale I guarantee you that. Looking on boat trader and staring at the sea of white gel-coat over white vinyl gets dizzying after a few minutes. If you don't have something unique price is all that matters.

There is an *** for every seat, the boat looks great on the water and has pretty much every option MC would put on it, if I get $moked on it when im done with it then so be it, wrap it and move on. The payoff is $0

jimmies got plenty of hate on his absurd x-80s and sold them both for all the coin as soon as they hit the market, I would have bought the orange and blue if id seen it in time.
......alright....I'm going to backpedal slightly. Those pictures of the boat in the daylight when it is being surfed don't make it look as bad as I had anticipated. It is definitely unique for sure.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30. If you want a custom Soulcraft let me know :)
mplv- The X46 looks good but the RB RS looks better
Old 07-12-2013, 04:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 14' aluminum jonboat
Quote:

Boat looks great on the water! It really pops. I have to say that at the dock I was questioning the color combo, but what an awesome looking boat when making waves. I love the dark seats too.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
Quote:
I'm going to go for the ironic comment.

Once my eyes digested the color palette, I looked a little closer at the pic. First...props for surfing "chicken fight style".

Then, um, is someone sitting on the transom? Isn't the whole idea of the (somewhat) controversial rear seating arrangement to get people closer to the surfer, so sitting on the transom isn't needed?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:49 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astepatatime View Post
Then, um, is someone sitting on the transom? Isn't the whole idea of the (somewhat) controversial rear seating arrangement to get people closer to the surfer, so sitting on the transom isn't needed?
He did mention there was a retard on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 07-13-2013, 02:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
He did mention there was a retard on board.
4 and a half upon closer inspection
Old 07-15-2013, 06:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: temporarily boatless
So I know the boat is designed (or promoted) as a surf machine, but the promo video shows a nice wakeboard wake. I am sure marketing just says the family that wants a boat this big will surf so sell em on that. I had planned to buy the new xstar but honestly when i got in it at the boat show i was not impressed. I liked the g23 better. however have not ridden behind either yet. But when the x46 came out i thought "if that thing has a wake at least as good as the old xstar / x25 for wakeboarding it sure seems to meet the requirements for size for my growing family etc."

So mplv - have you wakeboarded behind it? any early thoughts by you or anyone else on the size / shape / etc of the wakeboard wake?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Davis

Previous Boats:
2006 Mastercraft X2
1995 Mastercraft ProStar 190, New Dimension Tower
1990 Supra Conbrio
http://www.tigerboatdocks.com
Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by c640947 View Post
So I know the boat is designed (or promoted) as a surf machine, but the promo video shows a nice wakeboard wake. I am sure marketing just says the family that wants a boat this big will surf so sell em on that. I had planned to buy the new xstar but honestly when i got in it at the boat show i was not impressed. I liked the g23 better. however have not ridden behind either yet. But when the x46 came out i thought "if that thing has a wake at least as good as the old xstar / x25 for wakeboarding it sure seems to meet the requirements for size for my growing family etc."

So mplv - have you wakeboarded behind it? any early thoughts by you or anyone else on the size / shape / etc of the wakeboard wake?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Davis
I haven't wakeboarded but the wake is huge at boarding speed, I need my knees to make money but If someone around charlotte wants a pull id be glad to take them.

the g23 drives like something is wrong with it.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: temporarily boatless
oh shoot you are kidding me. i just came from Charlotte area yesterday. had been on badin lake for 3 weeks....

i may just have to fly back and take you up on it if the local dealer isnt going to get one anytime soon.

so fly high or someone is making a custom set for the x45? how big of sacks do you think you can put in the rear lockers? with that seating configuration it looks like it wont hold 600s back there....

Previous Boats:
2006 Mastercraft X2
1995 Mastercraft ProStar 190, New Dimension Tower
1990 Supra Conbrio
http://www.tigerboatdocks.com
Old 07-15-2013, 10:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
I hear the v8 diesel in the cayenne is a BEAST! we cant get them here or I would have
guy at work has a diesel cayenne - they are here.