Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
The X45 wake is probably one of the best in the MC lineup. I really like the exterior styling of the X46 but I'm not digging the interior. I love the interior on my current 45 and I feel like it has way more storage than the 46. Don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon.

As far as ballast when a boat weight as much as this thing it doesn't take much ballast to make a huge wake. My 45 with the stock ballast is way bigger than my previous VLX with PnP bags. Add the plug and play sacks and its a whole another ball game
I have to agree with Dave that I like the exterior styling of the 46, but really am not a fan at all of the rear seating option and corresponding rear storage. I love to be able to spread out on the back seat of my 45 and/or have 4 folks hanging out there just chilling out while we're surfing or killing time while the kids swim. Seems to me that if you're sitting in the corner of the 46 you're kind of stuck back there by yourself which to me ain't much fun. Also love having the fully padded rear deck option vs. the new walkthrough design, but I guess the new look is in keeping with the X Star styling. I'll personally keep my 45 for years to come but I am sure they will sell plenty of these.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTIQUE View Post
seating reduced to 15 from 18????
The gross capacity is not displayed in the pic but I would assume the person reduction was due in part to the revised Coast Guard standards that went into effect Dec 2011. This is the first hull change since the rule went into effect. Notice MC is also more specific on person seating as other elements of the new standards dealt with load distribution.
Average person weight was increased from 150 to 185# due to fatter people. This is officially only for commercial craft but I would assume MC may be following if for no other reason than risk mitigation.
https://homeport.uscg.mil/mycg/porta...e=EDITORIAL&BV

This is still an arbitrary estimate that can often be fought in court if a citation was issued based on people alone. As the sticker indicates gross capacity rating is the "hard" value. In reality, few tickets are issued for 1 person over, its either significantly over all reasonable persons capacity or simply used as probable cause for other pig hassles like BUI.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xstar
15 peeps/2142 lbs
Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 35th Anniversary LQ9 Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplv View Post
15 peeps/2142 lbs
Or Pete/ThatsMrMasterCraft and 9 girls.......
Old 07-03-2013, 09:52 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 35th Anniversary View Post
Or Pete/ThatsMrMasterCraft and 9 girls.......
Old 07-03-2013, 12:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Snuck over to American Boat Center during lunch and snagged these of the new 46.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
We need more. What did you think of it?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
We need more. What did you think of it?
Exactly. Need detailed opinions.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelgrad View Post
I have to agree with Dave that I like the exterior styling of the 46, but really am not a fan at all of the rear seating option and corresponding rear storage. I love to be able to spread out on the back seat of my 45 and/or have 4 folks hanging out there just chilling out while we're surfing or killing time while the kids swim. Seems to me that if you're sitting in the corner of the 46 you're kind of stuck back there by yourself which to me ain't much fun. Also love having the fully padded rear deck option vs. the new walkthrough design, but I guess the new look is in keeping with the X Star styling. I'll personally keep my 45 for years to come but I am sure they will sell plenty of these.
If you are in the corner you are in arms length of the back of the boat, and they are super comfy. you can interact with surfers just looking over your shoulder instead of sitting in the boat like its an airport tram looking forward. you may have to sit in one to experience it.I put the pylon there just as a depth reference.

When you uncork everything your flat area is way larger than the old sundeck style engine and locker storages and you have some wall to keep kids in. There is plenty of port side storage, we have the surf wake feeling real nice with only 2 people in the boat and 2 old add on locker bags out of my x-1

Im sure several people will still like their old 45s just as I chose to stay with my x1 as long as I did, it fit my needs at the time and was reliable and had a great wakeboard wake.

When it came time for a larger more family/party oriented boat I wanted something with versatility and cool gadgets.

I was almost sold on the g23/25 and would have dealt with the awful handling and driveability if this boat weren't made available to me, I was at the boat show ready to order something that day. So far im glad I waited
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xStar, 2008, LY6
Nice boat but the seating layout is retarded. Storage in the back is limited and hard to access. I saw the video explaining how those back seats are suppose to let you "interact" with a surfer, yeah sure. In the newer boats they have sacrificed sun pad area to increase interior seating. May be good from a product liability standpoint but not an improvement IMO.
1969 Glastron