Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar, 1998 Maristar, 2002 Maristar, 2006 X-2, 2009 X-14V 2013 X-30
2014 X46? And the Z Line of M/C

Heard it through the Grapevine? Anyone know anything?
Old 05-14-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
I heard that the X-46 was coming, but nothing about the Z line.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
New CEO when hired mentioned Mercedes C class....my bet is Z line is the entry line up. Only a guess.

We took boat out Saturday and went into the cove @ MC....nothing to see other than a black boat shrinkwrapped with no windshield sitting at the dock.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
hmmm i havent heard about this Z line. Interesting
Old 05-14-2013, 03:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-30
I would bet money its an entry level line. ie...X2 without a touchscreen BIG. more economical tower. less expensive options all around...

I actually see this as good thing. Alot of people complain about the high prices, I for one went and bought a used boat this year after deciding I did not want to spend 50K on a new one. Lots of people want Mastercraft quality so they buy a used boat and MC gets none of that money..meanwhile little boat makers like Tige, Axis, Epic are making inroads into the market share MC once dominated.

I also think that by offering a "Z" line that MC could maximize the profits on molds like when the X2 gets changed or the X45 is replaced in the future however near that may be I don't know. Imagine the market share MC could recover by offering X1 in the form of a Z1 at under 40K. No PP, no BIG..maybe an indmar motor...I don't know if MC uses Indmar again, pure speculation, I think it might be a chance to hold the price down on a Z-line...

What say you guys...

Don't know about but but I get a little tummy ache when I see an Epic or Axis on my local waterway...

Last edited by LittleFuss; 05-14-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X-30
if i recall, in a mag i read, someone at mc was asked abt an entry level and the response was something to the effect of, thats not what mc is about... hmmm
Old 05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFuss View Post
I would bet money its an entry level line. ie...X2 without a touchscreen BIG. more economical tower. less expensive options all around...

I actually see this as good thing. Alot of people complain about the high prices, I for one went and bought a used boat this year after deciding I did not want to spend 50K on a new one. Lots of people want Mastercraft quality so they buy a used boat and MC gets none of that money..meanwhile little boat makers like Tige, Axis, Epic are making inroads into the market share MC once dominated.

I also think that by offering a "Z" line that MC could maximize the profits on molds like when the X2 gets changed or the X45 is replaced in the future however near that may be I don't know. Imagine the market share MC could recover by offering X1 in the form of a Z1 at under 40K. No PP, no BIG..maybe an indmar motor...I don't know if MC uses Indmar again, pure speculation, I think it might be a chance to hold the price down on a Z-line...

What say you guys...

Don't know about but but I get a little tummy ache when I see an Epic or Axis on my local waterway...
MC did this once already when they re branded the X 2 as a X 1. While I personally think it was a good idea apparently MC did not as they dropped the entry level boat altogether.
A X1/205v hull won't sell well anymore as a new boat IMO. Too small. You can get way more room and the same performance out of many other boats for the same or less money.

I'd rather they stick with high end boats rather than flood the market with bare bones X2 knockoffs. Will help keep the value of our rigs UP!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 05-14-2013, 04:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
MC's thought has always been that the entry level MC is a used MC. I doubt a "Z-line" is the direction they are headed, but perhaps the new management will surprise us.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
they need to just focus on the new prostar!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
MC's thought has always been that the entry level MC is a used MC. I doubt a "Z-line" is the direction they are headed, but perhaps the new management will surprise us.
I'm under the impression the Z-46 is either a new 190 or 197 hull.