Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: norris craft
1991-1994? prostar 190 owner bimini help

hey guys im attempting to order my bimini for my 91 prostar 190, ive got height and length figured out question is width, at the top side of the gunnels i get 75'' center to center but im planning on mounting on fiberglass below side windshield. from what i can get as a measurement i get 79". so does this sounds right and do i get the 73-78"? should it work? i see a few on here have prostars with biminis. just wanted some input so i dont make a mistake and end up shipping a dozen times any input is appreciated! thanks guys
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 S&S, 2001 19 Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowncruiser View Post
hey guys im attempting to order my bimini for my 91 prostar 190, ive got height and length figured out question is width, at the top side of the gunnels i get 75'' center to center but im planning on mounting on fiberglass below side windshield. from what i can get as a measurement i get 79". so does this sounds right and do i get the 73-78"? should it work? i see a few on here have prostars with biminis. just wanted some input so i dont make a mistake and end up shipping a dozen times any input is appreciated! thanks guys

If your mounting width is 79, you can probably go with either the 73-78 or the next size up. The bimini tubes are pretty flexible and will bend in or out quite a bit. If you plan to be able to fold it forward in front of the windshield, 73-78 might cause the frame to rub/bind on the side windshields when rotated forwarded. If you confirm 79" and they offer a 79-xx size, I would go with that one.

Either way, just do it. I went for years without a bimini because I didn't want to drill holes; damn I was dumb!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: several
Factory OEM Bimini

We have the factory OEM Sunbrella Bimini-Top Frame and Canvas for your ProStar 190 for $423 ... http://RNR-Marine.com/Canvas.shtml#Mastercraft
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
I agree with ProstarSlalom. I installed one on a 1996 PS this year and went with the 73-78. The bars are flexible and they worked great.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
Here's a picture.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
My mounts were located on the windshield frame. So take these measurements with that grain of salt. Here is what my measurements were.

The width from mount to mount is 73.75"
The height from gunnel deck to the top of the canvas is 25"
The height from mount to the top of the canvas is 17"
The distance from the mounting point on the windshield to the back edge of the windshield is 15".

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: norris craft
Thanks guys, I Think Im Going To Go With The 73-78, Thanks For The Pics East TX And Tn BarefooteR. Tn BareFooter Do You Have Any Up Close Pics Of Your MountS? If So It Would Be GREATLY appreciated.Thanks Again Guys!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190
My is mounted on windshield and is smaller - you only need enough to cover driver and observer - not sure where mine came from as it was with the boat when i bought it
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Why did you put Mastercraft decals on that sea ray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Barefooter View Post
Here's a picture.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...