Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Cincy Relo Info Needed

I was part of a hefty lay off at the end of Oct and am evaluating a couple of offers. One in Cincy is my leading choice.

I'd love to get some info on the best suburbs centered around Blue Ash (office location) and info like pros/cons to Caesar Creek state park, East Fork, or other spots I'm not seeing. Any info would be much appreciated!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
let me know when you are here and i will take you to SkyLine ... the best lunch in the city

Honestly, i haven't had a boat in Cincy for 19 years so i can't give good advise on that

For suburbs, it depends on what you are solving for ... kid schools, neighbor type, etc ... there are lots of great neighborhoods with exciting homes for sale
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
I'm looking for the best mix of good school district, city sports programs, homes 0-10yrs (maybe 20yrs). I've got 4 kids, between 7 mos and 8 y/o.

I did find a few new homes that have 4 car garages in Mason (3+1tandem, or 2+2 carriage)
Old 11-16-2011, 01:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Ah, good to hear cincy filled my opening... I just moved from there. Caesar's isn't great, and the fork isn't much better. Have to catch them on weekdays to get any good water... They're also really dirty (search www.cincywake.com/forum)

The river is definitely your best bet for riding. Bill, Brent and Jason over at cincymc will take care of you if need anything, they're down in Florence, KY in a new shop.

As for living conditions... Check out Hyde park or Wyoming.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Ryan - ditto what Willy said, Ceasers, East Fork (sewer), pretty much forget about it to ski on the weekends unless it is before 10 am. Brookville in Indiana, not that far is the cleanest, but known as the ocean on the weekends. Best bet is the Ohio river, well east or west of the city or the secret spot, I can tell you about it, but then I have to shoot you. Seriously, if you end up here, shoot me a PM and I will show you the best spot in the city as long as you keep it under raps. (First rule about the "Secret Spot", don't talk about the "Secret Spot"), you get the picture. Of course Willy left, so I guess we have an opening.

Blue Ash has some good burbs, Montgomery is very nice, WestChester is nice as well as Mason. Home prices will go down the further north, east or even west you go, or in Northern, KY. Just depends on how much of a commute you want. West siders, (Me) are a lot of home town folks, east and north are more transplants etc. I am born and raised here, if you need any help navigating the city, just ask
Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
I grew up in Loveland on the NE side. It was a good town at the time. I also lived in Hyde Park and it was a great place to live, but it is city schools.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
Born and raised in Cincy...moved to NKY and I can ski day or night on smooth water...you goota know where to look...I grew up on the river and other than a stain that most think is a tan I'm mostly normal. Got a 8 year old boy who has been skiing since 3 years old...get a hold of me if you want...I have a weekend house on the river. I also know the guys who run Extreme watersports very well and a bunch of the UC water skiers who just got a hold of the new 197 TT this week.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
According to your tag line...you are a skier...>32mph...If you ski courses let me know.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Gas Money
Grew up in West Chester/Mason area. My advice to you would be to look into homes in Liberty Township... Still West Chester area but you can get a large home at a lower price than WC/Mason and still be in the Lakota School district. If you need a Realtor let me know, my dad can help you out.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstaslp View Post
I grew up in Loveland on the NE side. It was a good town at the time. I also lived in Hyde Park and it was a great place to live, but it is city schools.
I live in Loveland and its a great place ... lots of variety from basic to super luxurious

As for schools, there are no better high schools than the GCL (you have to be from Cincinnati for this) ... my high school St X plays our arch rival Moeller this weekend in the football division 1 regionals ... go Bombers