Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 09-04-2004, 02:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 02 Pro Tournament 197-Cadillac LQ9
AHHH Bouys

Lets see some awesome lakes with bouys! This shot is taken from the hottub on the roof of a houseboat in the Shuswaps in BC. Life is grand!!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:47 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: ProStar 190 1996 LT1
That is good looking water. I only count 4 balls?
Here is my course on Big Bear Lake California.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Good Eye John!

Yes I only had 4 bouys at the time. I built the course the night before leaving on this trip and ran out of time to build all six. I have since completed the last two arms and know have six.
Great looking site you have there!

Last edited by jpattigr; 09-04-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:37 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I hope to have a picture of our course on Caddo Lake by next week. Still under construction.

Lots of Duck blinds built on this lake. An older one that nobody uses anymore is at the far end of where our course will be. Can anyone say "turn island."

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 09-04-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

That will be a very cool turn Island!! I look forward to seeing a picture. This could bring a whole new meaning to make the Buoy or else, Only in Texas!
Old 09-07-2004, 12:36 PM
MC Hero

LOL! Probably won't do much to dissipate the wakes (unless we stacked a few tires on and around it). Probably be a sweet spot to snap some pictures. There are also some stands about mid-course that would be prime picture-taking spots, too. Can't wait to get it up and running. This may prove to be the closest thing to a private lake on a public lake I can think of. The lake, as a whole, is covered with channel markers. My father-in-law's house is on a bay without the markers. There are stumps everywhere else, but not on this bay. But if you didn't know better, you'd stay away. Apart from the occassional fisherman and other people who live on the "bay," it's basically empty. We're the only people who I've ever seen ski there. And without a course, we would be skiing somewhere else.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
Tim and I are waiting for the invite, we are only 35 minutes from Caddo!!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:04 PM
MC Hero

Let me make sure we get it set up right, first. Patience. My brother in law and his wife are coming up this weekend. With his help, I should be able to "Get 'r done."

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 09-07-2004, 01:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

That's like my lake that I have a cottage on, it is very shallow and it scares away all the other boats. I have my course right out in front of the cottage in a channel and only have one other boat to deal with, and they are freinds down the lake that once they saw me in a ski boat bought one themselves. It is like a private lake also.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
you know it's going to be a good day when the lakes looks like this. Lake 3 my dock is to the left of the entry gates