Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Suggestions > Team Talk

Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I think a reasonable compromise has been made to keep both sides of the table happy. Lets see how it works out for a couple weeks.

As far as the Harold comments go.. grow up and move on!
I don't need to grow up. I'm 55. think I've done plenty of that. This appears to be the same kinda thing thats happened in the past when #1 was here and trying to run this place as if it was his own. Seems to me that ALL that have posted concerning this agenda, agree with what I said. Let me reiterate, DO NOT let a couple of newbies that come on here and start complaining, to dictate to the mods that things need to change. Reminds me of our leaders in Washington! No prayer or Pledge of Allegiance in school just because of a few idiots! THATS WHAT WE HAVE HERE.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
Watch me as I walk this tight rope..... and most likely fall off

I agree with everybody.

I have a problem with the people that run and complain- If you don't like the advice your getting go somewhere else. But I also have a problem with people that post the "You have your boat priced to high and here is why" posts. If you are looking out for them send them a PM but don't post it- It seems extremely rude to me.

Maybe the boat isn't worth that 1k over market in the aggregate or to you but it might be to the buyer if for that extra 1k he can put his eyes on it and not drive 1200mile round trip to get the same boat for a little less.

In short if your trying to help a seller out on value send him a pm and dont ****...err ...boat...ok new term "bock block" him - This policy seems to line up with keeping people from not being rude (imo). And me and my 96 post newbie status are ok with that.

Last edited by pmikler; 05-09-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
This new rule for classifieds is stupid. A 'fix' for a non problem.

What really needed to change in the classifieds is requiring a location and price.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Any one see the nice black MC that dvsone79 posted in TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats.

Because of these new rules we cant comment on it!! So MOD, now you need to move it since he saw it and threw it up for comments. Since he is not the seller how does that work?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=54188

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
This is a Democratic fix if I ever seen one, whats a move like this go'n to accomplish other than wipe a couple of tears away from the spineless, entitlement wimps, cry babies
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
Well this section say's 'Let us know what you think'. so here goes.
This NEW rule concerning the classified section and only allowing the OP's to post is a crock of WARM BS! There's 7683 members on this damn forum and 1 or 2 complain about something and then somebody has to go and modify the damn rules to please a few whinners! What the hell is this place coming to? This reminds me of the ACLU! Won't be long now that if you own a special edition prostar with the American Flag on it, you're not gonna be able to post pics of it on here! Thats where this is headed! COMMON SENSE! Where has it gone? JEEZ! I've been telling y'all that Harold's back! This is proof!
I don't know. I still think you have some maturing to do.

I am not a nut that fell from any tree and I am not of Harold's loins.

As far as the changes go, just give me a couple weeks to work it out. The way you guys are talking you'd think I killed your first born.

As an end note, the reason why there have only been 10 or so people who have expressed their displeasure is because the others who take issue with it are being bombarded by being called pussies, wussies and the fault of America. Relax a little and just let it play out.

I've done a lot for this forum and continue to try to do my best to keep everyone happy and everyone included. I am nothing like #1 and never will be. Sorry to upset, but that is a fact.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Boat: 06 X30
I wonder how Harold's tomatoes are doing this summer.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:54 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Lets just give the new format a week or so to see how it works. We can't please everyone here and I have always thought that running to the mods with any complaint is ridiculous. If you have a problem with a post deal with it on your own either on open forum or via pm. We don't need to referee a first grade spat between members. I voiced my position on this topic already, but lets leave it be for now.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
This seems like an odd move. What's the penalty for not following the rules? Or have they made it so that only the OP can actually post.

I do understand the issue of people not wanting to be ousted by value mongers in open forum. But if you post in open forum that is the consequence you chose.

It may also reveal to the OP through postings of others, missing pieces, improper value, damages, or misleading information. That now will open the classified section to more deceptive advertising. 0.02

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
I like the idea of the separate section for "what's it worth" discussions as the for sale stuff was getting crowded out by discussion. I don't like that nobody but the OP can post to a For Sale thread. There are legitimate and desirable posts. As a seller, I'd rather have questions out for public view so I don't have to answer the same question multiple times. As a seller I also appreciate comments that are the equivalent of a wolf whistle. If there was a problem with bad posts (e.g., "your boat is priced too high") I'd rather see it addressed with a sticky post addressing proper behavior, PMs from moderators explaining expected behaviors from members, and deletion of individual and offending posts as requested by the OP. I think the new rule about OP posting only hurt rather than help the effort to sell.

I do like the What's It Worth section however. That was needed.