Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Other Items

Old 03-30-2015, 05:19 PM
TT Newbie
Boat: 1987 mastercraft prostar 190, Ford 351
1987 prostar 190 questions

Hello, I'm new to the forums, new to mastercraft ownership, and new to boating. I picked up this 87 prostar from a buddy and after a season of boating I've come to know the boat a little better. I'd like to see if anyone here can offer advice or insight with a couple of issues: Each time I take the boat out it seems to start just fine but if i let off the throttle to move slowly then the boat dies. This makes passing through the no wake zone challenging! Once i'm out on the water for several minutes then the boat runs awesome. The next issue is when i turn the key one click to allow the stereo to be on while the boat is off there is a constant electronic "screaming" noise. This noise is also present when the boat is on and I'm idling. Once the boat is moving the noise goes away. I'm thinking the noise is some indicator alerting me to an unknown problem. Any help would be appreciated! thanks,
Old 03-30-2015, 07:30 PM
MC Fanatic
Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
The alarm buzzer should be on circuit board behind the dash. Is this where the noise is coming from? Does it do it when you turn to the accesory position (counter clockwise) as well as to the ingition position? As far as I know, it should only alarm for overheating so must be malfunctioning somehow on your boat. I guess it could be a low oil pressure alarm but my boat doesn't seem to work that way (might be broken but I can read the oil pressure gauge so I'm not too worried!). Find it and destroy it!!