Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '04 X9
Ballast Newbie

Bought a new to me 04 x9 and the rear ballast bag was not in the boat so the dealer threw one in the boat as we were leaving. I am confused on how to hook this up because there are two holes on top of the bag and one at the bottom on the same end (starboard). I have two hoses on the starboard side and one close to the floor on the port side. Which one/s fill the ballast and which one empties. My guess would be the two hoses on the starboard side would fill the bag and the one on the port side would empty it, which means I would have to buy connectors and a hose to reach across the back of the boat to reach the empty hose. Please advise!
Starboard side
Name:  20130507_160227.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  53.9 KB

Port side
Name:  20130507_160246.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  32.3 KB
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
if you can see your pump, you can follow the lines. the bottom hose fills and empties my sacs. its the same pump so the switch just changes the direction of the impeller for fill/empty. the top lines are for overflow and venting on my setup.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Could someone post some pics of how the ballast are hooked up?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
You need some quick connectors for your sacs. Measure the diameter of those fittings that are in your boat and try www.wakemakers.com for some fittings.

As said before, the hose from the pump goes to the bottom of each sac. The other hose goes to the top of each sac for the overflow when the sacs get full.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Called Wakemakers the other day and talked to Spencer. Super nice guy and very helpful, I ended up getting a 750lbs fat sac with an aux pump and connectors to extend my hoses. Again super helpful and highly recommend for any ballast questions or purchases. Thanks Spencer for your help, I really appreciate it.