Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
What are your thoughts on this Xstar??

What do you guys think about this Xstar

No really? What are your thoughts? For the record, I am ASKING for your opinion on this, as I am seriously considering buying it. To the Mods, I asked for it.......Let me have it, good, bad, or indifferent. I value other MC owners' opinions, and want to know what they think before I blow some $$.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/3791801927.html
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Condition will have a lot to do with it. Looks very clean in the pictures but in person may not be pristine. Pricing looks to be very competitive- not a steal but not really overpriced for this time of year. to give you an idea, I paid $20K last spring for a 2001 205V (same boat) in like new condition with no real options other than $3K upgraded stereo and under 300 hours. Added ballast and PP myself so probably close to $23k invested in mine.

These boats are in high demand so will likely sell pretty quick unless there is some flaws undisclosed in the ads. NADA will likely be in the low $20s so factor this in if planning to get a bank loan. Suggest you jump on it if interested or will likely be gone soon. Remember that's what they are asking, not what they will take. Finally, get it surveyed at the M/C dealer to determine if any mechanical issues so no surprises after purchase. Boat is very versatile and we have really enjoyed ours.

Good luck
Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Looks like a pretty fair price to me. It's hard to tell in the pics, but it looks like there may be some tears in the vinyl on the engine cover. That is where my vinyl started to go first. That's the first all white one I can remember seeing. I like the look.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I am working the deal hard....been talkin to him for about 3-4 days now. I haven't seen it in person (150 miles away), so I am going off what he says and the pics. I noticed it is missing the bow carpet, and he said that only the center pad (engine hatch) is starting to come free, but all else is good 9 out of 10, his words) so we shall see....I dig the all white myself