Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
Thanks everyone.

Skyskiguy - Yes, that is the dealer trailer, seemed a little short to me as well, but they probably only move these things 1000 times a year so I will leave that part to them.

CantRepeat - I said polish but it needs a good cleaning. I think they mentioned Woody's? Can't remember but they said they would have it shining again, just hasn't been really cleaned/scrubbed. It wasn't pitted, just dirty with heavy water spotting and a few unlucky insects.

My main DIY projects right now are a Sunbrella (like fabric) swim deck cover, side "curtain" and bow boarding are cover. The spiders and insects are tough around my dock and I am tired of cleaning their crap spots on the bow and swim deck. Plus the Blue Herons on occassion let loose the motherload and somehow they get it under the dock. Like a bombing run full of partially digested fish parts, lovely. The sun runs from noon till dark along one side so the "curtain" will prevent fading in that solid red hopefully. Also going to mount a dual battery charger and 12v air compressor in the boat for the kids monster tubes and such and to save having wires and crap strung all around the boat.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 02 ProStar 197TT "Caddy H2O" & 1980 MC Stars & Stripes, "Boss Hoss"
Sweet ride! Welcome to the MC Family!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Oh and I have the snap on covers for the bow and cockpit opposed to the long full cover. I actually prefer this but it leaves the bow boarding area uncovered. But the snaps are great to have because you can incorporate your fabric into those snaps without having to rig something fancy.

I did it on my last boat with heavy boat canvas, stitched in loop velcro, punched grommets and gluing all the fabric edges. Certainly wasn't boat show ready cover, but to throw on during the week and save 20 minutes of cleaning every time you get on the boat it worked well. There is a DIY swim deck cover that is sweet already here so will use that model for sure, mine might just drape all the way down the transom onto the swim platform as well. Just cover the entire rear of the boat.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Welcome, and congrats. Love the red.

Agree'd about the cover. I just put on a snap on cockpit and bow covers on my boat for this season. Probably one of the most realistic upgrades i've done.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
thats a 2013 trailer, and definitely not a 45 trailer. Did your price include the trailer?

make sure you have them reflash your ECM - as i understand indmar finally got the ECM tune right after 2009 and that solved some of the reliability problems with the big block.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Nice boat! Have you had it in the water yet and used the swim deck? You'll be surprised how easy they are to get into... it's not like a runabout where the swim deck is sitting 6-10" above the water line. I'd hold off on that ladder til you see how everyone does.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
i was thinking the same thing as mzimme. our platform is raised about 3 inches (keeps it out of the surf wake) and its really not bad to get up into the boat.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

My price didn't include the trailer. I will either pick one up later (boatmate, used, etc.) or my service guys can pull the boat or service at the dock.

My mom is approaching 70 and overweight and we have some other older family. For me the swim platform is money but for a 70 year old or a 3 year old I think the ladder will come in handy. I can see them trying to haul themselves in now.....

Thanks for the tip on the ECM, I will ask them about that.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Nice ride and welcome aboard!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
C76. . . congrats on the beautiful boat! Are you here in Charlotte, and if so, where do you plan to run? I have a 197TT and we usually put in at Mountain Island Lake. If you're planning to be out there, let me know an I'll look for you this season. Enjoy!

Last edited by Kweisner; 05-07-2013 at 09:34 PM.