Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Darn this Global Warming!!

The boat was de-winterized a month ago and it's been cold, rainy, windy, or all three, every weekend since. Looks like we might make it to the low 70s this weekend but I was informed that I'm having dinner at the inlaws for Mother's Day. I'll get in a day at the lake on Saturday but if I skip the dinner on Sunday I'll be in the dog house with my boat driver for long time.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post
Darn this Global Warming!!

The boat was de-winterized a month ago and it's been cold, rainy, windy, or all three, every weekend since. Looks like we might make it to the low 70s this weekend but I was informed that I'm having dinner at the inlaws for Mother's Day. I'll get in a day at the lake on Saturday but if I skip the dinner on Sunday I'll be in the dog house with my boat driver for long time.
The Smith Mountain Lake triathlon this past weekend had the swim shortened to 400 meters for the first time ever due to cold weather. Water temp was 55 and air temp was 46 at race time. Average water temp is usually mid-60's and has been in low 70's and as you know, mid-upper 70s/low 80's are the norm daily temps for May around here. I rode my bike Sunday and had to wear a jacket. I hate cold weather, this has been the longest winter on record. Still haven't de-winterized and have some maintenance items to take care of - maybe this weekend....
Somewhere between SML and LKG
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-Star, 400hp Vortec
d2jp......Yeah this cold rainy weather here in VA is stinking up the atmosphere! I've had my boat out twice on Claytor Lake (a few weeks ago) and it's been sitting under the carport staring at rain ever since. I'm starting to get so bummed! When we went a few weeks ago the water temp at Claytor was 63-65...a little cooler now tho. It had better be an extended summer...that's all I'm saying.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Quite a collection of gloves you have

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Heck mine arent even kept there.

I have a few old pairs to handle mainlines there, keeps from tearing up the new ones
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Usually in the water over kids spring break over a month ago. Weather will not cooperate. Days I have to work are in the 80's, then I have a few off in a row and we're back in the 40's, or wind/tornados (last one killed my cover), or kids triathlons. You name it, it is all combining me to keep me out of the water. I am even trying to join the ski club, but they don't have any water. It's weird because just 15 minutes away the lake is at capasity from the last tornado that rolled through. They got 10"/hr, while the other lake got a total of 1/4". I'm dying here!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Finally made it out Monday and Tuesday morning. Both days ended up being too windy to ski, but it was still great to get the boat in the water.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Maristar 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Skier View Post
you'd be surprised how quickly the lakes warmed up last week, 40's last week of april and in the 60's last weekend.

We were the same this season, first week of May.
Not in this part of Ontario!! Haven't even thought about getting into the water yet. Easily a month behind where we should be!