Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2013, 05:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2 - 350MCX
2013 Ford Explorer

Does anybody own/drive the new explorer??

We are in Australia and we spotted today, a left hand drive explorer near home...... badges not covered so we assume it is in Australia for evaluation........

On a Ford Forum earlier, someone raised the issue that the new model of the explorer will not be made in the US but in fact China??

Ford Australia is being hammered - their sales are abismal and all reports indicate that they will pull out of Australia within 2 year?????

Have a two fold question....
If someone owns one - what are they like. We where in the US last year and I looked at them and they are one great looking SUV...... I own a new local produced Ford SUV (Territory) and if the explorer is to be a replacement, I would jump straight into one.....

My second question - relates to the local comment about them going to be assembled in China...... Ford has huge operations now in Thailand with our local version of a Ford Ranger and Mazda variant so I guess going to China would be second nature

look forward to hearing........
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
We just got rid of a 2011 explorer. My wife had it for two years cuz our baby boy. It was really nice! She wanted another truck so we swapped it.

Now about the China deal. It's true that there will be fords made in China. The Chinese went to ford and said either work with us or we will copy anyway. Ford went with them as the VP of our local dealership told me. Now I'm not sure what all models they will be building there.