Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-25-2013, 02:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Transducer Location X Star

Swapping out the depth gauge for a better unit. The little Lowrance Puck is located near engine/Trans. Seems a poor place due to tracking fins being in front of that and other underwater gear being in the area. I'm thinking the new in hull ducer would do well opposite of the paddlewheel. Its a 20 degree dead rise, so no problem there. Although I wonder if that's a bit too forward, I figure it's not too far forward because the paddlewheel is just on the other side of the keel, so should always be in the water. Thoughts? Better location? Thanks.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Y'all are worthless. Worthless I say! Installed the in-hull opposite of the paddle wheel and used the lake temp sensor on the paddle wheel unit (ST300). Just back from a week on L Owyhee. Temp worked perfectly and the Faria read from 2.5-200+ feet and never lost the bottom at any speed. Can't recommend this setup enough. Faria, for some reason, told me the unit only works well with a transome mount. Horse apples! Check out Boatersland and you have the opt of getting a through hull, in hull, or tran mount.