Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
I've ridden a 197 pretty tanked... Definitely not a good wakeboard wake.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Seems like a 197 would be tough to have a good surf wave on.

I'm hoping to try barefooting behind my X-30 this year. It may be a dying art, but I still think it looks unbelieveably cool and its about as close to walking on water as I'll ever get :p

Do youguys who know how to foot think that a lesson is in order or can we learn on our own? I've actually never seen a person do it in real life.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NA
When you say he wants to barefoot, do you mean be able to behind the boat or wake cross and do tricks? All of the boats people have listed with a 6L can go over 40mph. I would recommend the 30, 25 or 10 depending on what sport gets priority.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post

I'm hoping to try barefooting behind my X-30 this year. It may be a dying art, but I still think it looks unbelieveably cool and its about as close to walking on water as I'll ever get :p

Do youguys who know how to foot think that a lesson is in order or can we learn on our own? I've actually never seen a person do it in real life.
make a trip to Dallas and I'll give you a crash course at no charge

Long line, start from a knee board once you get the feel of the stance deep water starts is next, make sure you view a few videos so you know where to place the handle, where your feet belong, bent knees, knees close together, rolled sholders and head position
Training boom is great to learn one foot holds, tumble turns, backward barefooting and just screwing around but dont spend too much time on the boom because long lines where its at.
The boat driver is a key component to successful barefooting, find an experienced driver and learn the in and outs to driving

just a tidbit in regards to barefoot
Old 05-04-2013, 09:49 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
When you say he wants to barefoot, do you mean be able to behind the boat or wake cross and do tricks? All of the boats people have listed with a 6L can go over 40mph. I would recommend the 30, 25 or 10 depending on what sport gets priority.
HE doesn't need a perfect wake for footin' and he can leave the wake crossings for pulls behind his buddy's boat. He said he's going to water test an X-25 today.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post

Avoid the hard falls and get some pointers from a local footer. Or take a couple lessons from a pro. I was self taught on a kneeboard because I didn't have access to a boom. It worked but it's pretty scary the first time...not knowing how quick the falls can be!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 03 197TT 6.0 Cadillac YQ-9
But oh so worth it. I started 4 years ago and its about all I do now. It becomes an obsession. And the feeling of "gettin the whip" on turns far outside the wake?! Nothing like it on earth. I can think of only one thing thats put a bigger smile on my face.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:39 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdhntr View Post
But oh so worth it. I started 4 years ago and its about all I do now. It becomes an obsession. And the feeling of "gettin the whip" on turns far outside the wake?! Nothing like it on earth. I can think of only one thing thats put a bigger smile on my face.
Ditto, however I wakeboard the day away and then foot the last set just to strengthen the back for the week ahead but if I started with foot'n my feet are not comfy in the wakeboard boots from swelling arches
Old 05-05-2013, 11:22 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm definitley going to try it this year. One of my little "tricks" on a wakeboard is to unstrap while riding and walk to the front of the board and do a hang 10 (ala Parks). Would this be a good place to start barefooting from instead of a knee board? I think if I could get that down it would be a cool trick for the people in the boat.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:10 PM
MC Devotee

you could use your wakeboard if you desire only reason I used the kneeboard is I didn't care if it got lost, stolen or ran over because once you're on your feet you'd have to go back to retrieve it after the fall plus the kneeboard is a little more stable