Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2013, 04:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
Perfect Pass Questions: What's its Worth?

I purchased a Perfect Pass set-up from a TT member a few years ago. I had intentions of installing it, but for whatever reason, I haven't. Been moving it around in my shed and to the point of either selling it or installing it.

First question is 'what's it worth?' I have the servo motor, WakeboardPro Master Module (2001), MC speedo, and the paddle wheel kit. I'm missing the servo motor power cable ($50) and the RPM cable ($48). Otherwise, it's a complete kit.

Other question is would it increase the value of my '83 if I installed it? We aren't hard core skiers by any stretch. The people I ski with are good drivers and the boat holds speed very well. Would we use it if it were installed? Yes. Is it something we need? No.

My thought is to sell it and roll the money into a new bimini. I just don't know if this model is desirable or worth anything.

Any inside that can be offered?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
When I first read the title of this post, my immediate thought of reply was - your marriage. Figure I better post this before someone else does.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
MC Devotee

'The marriage saver'...I know, I know...

For the record, my wife is a good driver and she pulls me pretty well. She's spent enough time on the water and knew how to operate a boat before I met her!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post

For the record, my wife is a good driver and she pulls me pretty well. She's spent enough time on the water and knew how to operate a boat before I met her!
not so sure about that... PP should invent a device that helps a woman DRIVE STRAIGHT

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
When I first read the title of this post, my immediate thought of reply was - your marriage. Figure I better post this before someone else does.

My exact thought

Install the ali-money saver
Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Install it. You'll wonder why you waited after you did.

That being said that old of a system is probably worth about $300-400 either stand alone or as increased value to your boat.

Install it. Enjoy it.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Module is worth $75--$100 if it can be upgraded to the latest and greatest. What version is it? Servo is worth a bit, but a buyer wouldn't want to go hunting for all of the cables to make it work. If the gauge is a multiline display, it's worth up to $75 or so. Paddle wheel kit may get $50. I'd install it. Easier to get rid of all of it that way.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post

Even though you are set for a good driver (count your blessings), it's really nice to be able to throw the throttle down and them just pay attention to all the other stuff rather than having to focus on the speed. It's hard to beat no more than .2mph off of set speed.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
MC Devotee

If I sell it, I'm looking at fetching about $275ish. Really? That's not worth it. I'm sure the boat will be worth more if PP was installed. That's a no brainer...I think I'll keep it.

Does anyone have the colored pictures of the install? I did some research last night and found the install manual, but no pictures. At one time, PP had some detailed pictures of the install. The link I saved doesn't work anymore. Anyone have pics?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:09 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Depends what your needs are.

For instance, thats the old wakeboard pro version, I'd have to double check the features, but I am pretty sure the wakeboard pro just uses the paddle wheel, I'm not sure if it has an RPM feature for higher speed operation or not, some of those systems could be booted as wakeboard or 3 event.

The newer version "stargazer" is GPS not paddlewheel, and as such has no need to run a hole saw through the hull. Upgrading to stargazer is ~500 bucks.

Don't have the pictures, but you remove a speedo, install the gauge unit, screw the master module into the bulkhead, run the wires, drill the hole install the paddlewheel, hose clamp the servo to the drivers side cooling hose to the manifold, run the servo control wire over to the throttle, do the linkage and then use it.

Post it up to ski it again @ whatever you want to get paid for the whole system. Its free to post/sell so if it doesn't sell, then drop your price or install it.

@300 if I was in the market for another PP stargazer - I would buy it and then upgrade the stargazer, at 500 I would just call skier to skier for a new one.