Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Ok, I just have to ask, how do you get into and out of the boat without stepping on the seat? Levitate?
I back up and people step on the platform and then we take off.

A low dock or high dock is treated the same. Back up and enter from the platform.

If you load people while on the trailer then take them off and climb in. Then pick up the truck driver after they enter from the platform.

I took some friends out and one girl wore the Jesus sandals that have the million straps. She got in and did not follow directions. I asked her to remove her shoes. She claimed to have a phobia of bare feet and was not a lake person. So I said if they are clean then only step on the carpet. Later I catch her stepping on the upholstery, and said please no shoes on the upholstery. 20 min later again on upholstery. I go off. I said do I stand on your bed, pillows, or sofa with my shoes???? Quit doing it to my upholstery. 30 min go by. I see it again. I picked up the fallen boarder and say nothing. I drove across the lake, pulled up to the dock and tossed her belongings on the dock, said get out and have a great day. She got out and the boat was in gear headed out for more fun before she made it back to land. She's never been back and since then, folks learned that I was not kidding when I say no shoes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Sit on the dock and swing your shoeless feet in.
I assume you stand up after doing so - that still results in stepping on the seat. I guess this is a way of reducing the impact on the seat and hence less wear-n-tear of the seat.

That would take all the fun out of watching my wife get into the boat. She has still not learned to gently step into the boat and then transfer weight... My wife is a smart person but some things...
Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Great sticker, but I hate stickers as much as shoes in my boat.
Unless they say "Mastercraft" or are of stars.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

A low dock or high dock is treated the same. Back up and enter from the platform.

If you load people while on the trailer then take them off and climb in. Then pick up the truck driver after they enter from the platform.

I took some friends out and one girl wore the Jesus sandals that have the million straps. She got in and did not follow directions. I asked her to remove her shoes. She claimed to have a phobia of bare feet and was not a lake person. So I said if they are clean then only step on the carpet. Later I catch her stepping on the upholstery, and said please no shoes on the upholstery. 20 min later again on upholstery. I go off. I said do I stand on your bed, pillows, or sofa with my shoes???? Quit doing it to my upholstery. 30 min go by. I see it again. I picked up the fallen boarder and say nothing. I drove across the lake, pulled up to the dock and tossed her belongings on the dock, said get out and have a great day. She got out and the boat was in gear headed out for more fun before she made it back to land. She's never been back and since then, folks learned that I was not kidding when I say no shoes please.
I remember that story. To me, it's like the monopoly game, you don't pass go if you don't take your shoes off.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
I remember that story. To me, it's like the monopoly game, you don't pass go if you don't take your shoes off.
That is normally how I am but I tried super hard to control my OCD with the chick with the shoe phobia.

The reaction at the dock when I pulled up was priceless. All I had to do was toss out her purse and the clothes she wore over her swim suit. She got the message.

Some were like geese I'm surprised she got until strike 3 after the strike 2 rant and 2 others were like that was mean. I said its not mean. When you spend $200 for storage, $400 on fuel, $50 on insurance, each month, then the no expense spared keeping it nice, then you can tell me what is rude or not.

Then the following response came...... It costs that much to own a boat? I was like yes and I don't even have a $600 mth boat payment but I did buy $100 of beer just for today, so I create the rules and if I'm rude for that then I'll be more than glad to drop you off too.

Those friends started helping out after that trip with fuel, beer, drinks, snacks etc. People are clueless to the cost reasoning of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN;931173[B
]I assume you stand up after doing so - that still results in stepping on the seat. [/b]I guess this is a way of reducing the impact on the seat and hence less wear-n-tear of the seat.

That would take all the fun out of watching my wife get into the boat. She has still not learned to gently step into the boat and then transfer weight... My wife is a smart person but some things...
Beware of the assumption..............feet go on the floor - not the seat. Probably easier on my boat as it sits low in the water.

And I wouldn't want to take away the enjoyment of watching the wife board.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Exactly. My Bare Feet Only stickers is done in Hemihead font and resides on top of transom so anyone coming aboard knows exactly what I expect.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Unless they say "Mastercraft" or are of stars.
OK, you got me there. My boat is really full of stickers now that you mention it.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
Good lick, Kyle. It does seem that nobody understands how much money is spent before they get into MY boat. It looks like they would understand that I not only have to buy fuel but also insurance, storage facility, then they want to drink my beer and eat my food. Would they have me over for dinner if I acted that way in their home? No. On my boat it has to be my rules.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mramerman@gmail.com View Post
That is RAD.

Now they need one for no stepping on the seats as well
Lets not forget SITTING on the seats either! Or no putting on skis on the platform! Oh, and NO drinks either except for water!

Damn, my boat is really gonna look good sitting in the garage cause I'm afraid that a spot will get on it!