Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190, 1995
95 speedometer gauge question

I have a 95 prostar. I am doing some TLC work and am wondering it there is a way to fix the inside white needle. My cousins decided to keep spinning the dial until it bent. Now one of the mph gauges cant move because the needle is rubbing against it.

Any way to take the globes apart?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
I just did this recently on both of my speedos. You can do this with the speedos in place without having to take the dash apart. All I had to do was pull the black outer ring off and then carefully slide the "glass" with the rubber grommet off the adjusting knob. I dont know if the black ring was originally glued on but mine came off really easily. Then you have clear access to the needles and they can be bent back into shape. Be careful doing this as too much bending and movement will cause the material to become brittle and break.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
I just did this recently on both of my speedos. You can do this with the speedos in place without having to take the dash apart. All I had to do was pull the black outer ring off and then carefully slide the "glass" with the rubber grommet off the adjusting knob. I dont know if the black ring was originally glued on but mine came off really easily. Then you have clear access to the needles and they can be bent back into shape. Be careful doing this as too much bending and movement will cause the material to become brittle and break.
How did you get black ring off. mine are glued down tight... These guys can rebuild refurb...
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Mine just slid off without any effort. I guess the glue had deteriorated over time.