Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by roush611 View Post
How much does one of those run a month if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking about dry stacking at Disco. Pretty cheap right now considering I would not have to drive the Tahoe out every time I wanna use the boat.
See http://www.orwoodresort.com/boat_storage.htm. I seen the dry stacking at Discovery Bay - I could never do that to my boat! In all seriousness, I wanted a individual, totally enclosed storage unit.

Between saving on gas not towing the boat, not having to remove (yes remove) the tower and platform (just dropping it was not enough), jack the boat into the garage on a diagonal, stand on my head and spin around a few times... it is totally worth it. Since it includes free launching and I plan to use the boat much more during the mid week this year that added to the "why in the hxll am I doing this" factor for storing it at home. It's been really nice to pull the boat out of the water, go to storage unit area (away from the drunk and obnoxious crowd), wipe down, back in and drive away. I still have to work out some details on the gas can thing (the new carb compliant ones are a pita) for getting gas to the boat but that should be cake.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Sweet! I just booked a few days during the midweek for an RV spot at Orwood in July.

As for "utility cans"... get these. They pour like a mofo. Don't be scared about the "Not To Be Sold or Used As A Portable Fuel Container" that is just the new CARB requirements talking.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Sweet! I just booked a few days during the midweek for an RV spot at Orwood in July.

As for "utility cans"... get these. They pour like a mofo. Don't be scared about the "Not To Be Sold or Used As A Portable Fuel Container" that is just the new CARB requirements talking.
I seen one of your posts about those cans while doing some searches on teamtalk. I ended up getting some cheap cans at WalMart; I have some long hose and adapter I just created to attach. I'm going to attempt the "set can high", "give the can a squeeze" and let siphon approach. Just seems like the easiest approach.

If you are interested in meeting up let me know when you are going to be there. If you are not familiar with that section of the Delta I can provide some Topo maps and suggested routes or maybe act as tour guide. The Delta is an interesting place: Narrow channels (there are wide sections too), water level fluctuates with the tide, big wakes from the occasional yaught/crusier going through. Just be careful where you go as later when you go by at low tide you will think "holy cxap, that was not there on our way out". For example, when you leave Orwood and head south. See https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Disco...alifornia&z=16. See that spot to the right if you are heading south? The plus side is flat water, miles and miles of flat water. Did I mention the flat water? Mid week, you are going to have a great time. I'm heading there in about 1/2 hour from now.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I seen one of your posts about those cans while doing some searches on teamtalk. I ended up getting some cheap cans at WalMart; I have some long hose and adapter I just created to attach. I'm going to attempt the "set can high", "give the can a squeeze" and let siphon approach. Just seems like the easiest approach.

If you are interested in meeting up let me know when you are going to be there. If you are not familiar with that section of the Delta I can provide some Topo maps and suggested routes or maybe act as tour guide. The Delta is an interesting place: Narrow channels (there are wide sections too), water level fluctuates with the tide, big wakes from the occasional yaught/crusier going through. Just be careful where you go as later when you go by at low tide you will think "holy cxap, that was not there on our way out". For example, when you leave Orwood and head south. See https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Disco...alifornia&z=16. See that spot to the right if you are heading south? The plus side is flat water, miles and miles of flat water. Did I mention the flat water? Mid week, you are going to have a great time. I'm heading there in about 1/2 hour from now.
Would love to meet up and have a tour guide. We will be there Sunday early afternoon on July 28th and we leave for Tahoe on Tuesday late morning on July 30th.

I've been emailing back and forth wit Jmann and he provided some maps for me of where to go and what to expect. Any added info would be awesome!

Last edited by Sodar; 06-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
Wink

Hey, you are giving up my spots to the world The good thing about the delta is there is so many good spots you can share them all and still find perfect water, it's endless.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Sorry

Problem solved!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:03 PM
MC Fanatic

I was kidding you can show them, there are plenty of spots. I didn't mean for you to take it down.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 PM
MC Master Poster

It's fine. I am crazy anal about my spots... don't know what I was thinking.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:19 PM
MC Fanatic

I want GoneBoatN to show me his spots. I think he usually hangs a little south of where I do.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:56 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
I want GoneBoatN to show me his spots. I think he usually hangs a little south of where I do.
The place/route I been using lately was in the first post of this thread. Yes, Tracy is a little south. Basically, right out of Orwood, left and past Discovery Bay and then right on Old River. Instead of going left on North Victoria Canal(AKA Woodward Canal) just continue on Old River. You will go under the Route 4 bridge (there is no speed control while passing under this bridge so you don't have to dump your rider to go under) and then down past the water pumping station. From what I can tell Old River changes names to West Canal as it passes by Clifton Court Forebay. This is all without turns offs after the right turn you made after Discovery Bay. You go all the way to Grant line and make a left on Grant Line Canal. You will know the left to make as you just pass a rail (as in for wakeboarders who know what they are doing) and then you make the next left. Grant line canal goes straight as an arrow down to S. Tracy Blvd where I don't think you can go any farther than just beyond the bridge. We always turn around just before the S. Tracy Blvd bridge. There is also a marina there called Tracy Oasis in case you need petrol. The nice thing about this route is that many people turn off at North Victoria so you just wave goodbye to them. Then many will not proceed beyond the Rt 4 bridge. Then more get freaked out when they see the water pumping station and turn around there. You get the picture - just in case you don't one is attached from Friday evening.

Name:  uvs130608-001.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  38.0 KB

JMann knows far more about the Delta than I do. He's given you some locations people like to do some slalom skiing. Where I go you will find some surfers and wakeboarders. They don't bother me much because I swing out and do an olie off their wakes and then return to my wake after we cross paths. Other than that you will see few fishermen typically around Clifton Court Forebay.