Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
This weekend in the (NorCal) Delta

We went out Sunday. Started out from Orwood, went south on Werner Dredger Cut and left on Indian Slough past Discovery Bay. Then turned south (right) on Old River, under SR-4 at which we started boarding, continued past North Victoria Canal and Clifton Court Forebay. Then we hung a left on Grant Line Canal. At S. Tracy Bvld overpass we turned around and went back. During this time we change a couple of riders and reversed back and forth in a couple of the sections that had less traffic. All in all I'd say it was about a 40 mile trip.

For a Sunday in early season, Orwood was a bit busy. But I guess that was to be expected on a day where temps were mid to upper 80's with relatively calm winds. Since we got to the ramp around 1PM there were quite a few trailers in the lot - I got to admin I was worried about boat traffic when I seen that. Once we were under SR-4 overpass, there were not too many boats in this area so that is why I chose to drop our first boarder in there.

Anyone else go out on the Delta? Where do you go?
Attached Images

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 04-22-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:28 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 200 VRS
My family's place is near Bethel Island. It is a floating shack in a cove across from quimby island. Only accessible by boat. You can dock-start and ski right off the front dock. it's been in the family for 45 yrs. i love the delta's narrow channels with smooth water for slalom skiing. 4th of July at Mandeville Island is off the hook! Used to do booze-fueled houseboat trips out there back in the days before kids.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 AM
TT Regular

PS that's me, last summer, in formal attire. Stay classy
Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 AM
TT Regular

We have a place on King's Island which is on Old River just north of Clifton Court Forebay. Boat in and out. It is nice to have a home base to come back to and not spend the whole day on the boat.

David Sword
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
I used to have a river houseboat at Paradise Point. Lots of fun times. Got married , had kids , no more houseboat.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
Walter, I usually launch out of SugarBarge or Holland Tract I think I know I've seen your place, it's in a nice spot. I like the smooth water of the delta also but with kids now it's tough because they are stuck in the boat the whole time, they are only 4 and 2, we usually only spend 1/2 days out there and are back at the marina by 1 or so.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 PM
TT Regular

One of these?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Quimb...by+Island&z=19

David Sword
Old 05-10-2013, 02:20 PM
TT Regular

This is our island.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Quimb...by+Island&z=18

David Sword
Old 05-10-2013, 05:35 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
Walter, I usually launch out of SugarBarge or Holland Tract I think I know I've seen your place, it's in a nice spot. I like the smooth water of the delta also but with kids now it's tough because they are stuck in the boat the whole time, they are only 4 and 2, we usually only spend 1/2 days out there and are back at the marina by 1 or so.
I hear ya, my kids are 8, 5 and 2, if they are stuck on the boat for more than an hour or two they get cranky. If you are out in that area this weekend, feel free to stop by and tie up for a while. My wife said she wanted to go boating on the delta for Mother's Day - guess that means I picked a good wife!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsword View Post
That's the place, the box on the left. it has been in that same cove since 1967. Just had its 45th anniversary party last year. These kinds of floating "homes" were made illegal in '69 so we are grandfathered in.