Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdhntr View Post
That's MRMC-
I don't have a ton of photos yet. But here's my baby. Weathers been revised. No rain and sun today, but only high of 40. She's already airing out though. Got every hatch open and hopefully she'll dry quick.

One question, what part of a starter should I lube? I've replaced two in my career and never lubed either.
beautiful boat, not the way you want to start ownership. Hope all turns out well for you and you are on the water soon!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:49 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
That's MRMC-
I don't have a ton of photos yet. But here's my baby. Weathers been revised. No rain and sun today, but only high of 40. She's already airing out though. Got every hatch open and hopefully she'll dry quick.

One question, what part of a starter should I lube? I've replaced two in my career and never lubed either.
The shaft where the starter drive (some people call this the bendix) rides.
Attached Images

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Nice boat? No

Totally sweet boat, yes!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
Nice boat? No

Totally sweet boat, yes!
Yeah - agreed.... saweet!!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
That's MRMC-

Just love that boat.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Great looking boat. I'm sure you will be fine after you get her dried out and change fluids, etc.

One thing we all learn is to know where your plug is. Put the plug & the key in the driver's upholder as soon as you pull her out of the water and up the ramp. That helps you remember to put it back in when you launch, preventing the other more embarrassing drain plug mistake.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Chill out. It ain't that bad.
Worst case you got water in the trans but if the dipstick had a good seal may not even have that.
Looks like big houses there. Got a garage you could dry it out in?
He!! I towed my LT1 PS190 6 hrs home after a camping trip where we got about 6" of rain that night. Water over the floor. Too hungover to notice....haha.
Didn't see it until that night. Drained the water out obviously. Everything else was fine.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
Drain it. Determine if water was over trans fill. If it was, used a vacuum removal and suck off the bottom. Water is heavier and will fall to the bottom. Check the fluid removed for water, if no water, refill and no worries. If there is, don't know the best sure fire way to removed all the water.

Let it dry but there will be little near term problem with starter or alt if they were covered. Rain water is "better" than dirty lake water or salt for sure. Life will likely be shortened but could be 1-4 yrs before it needs to be rebuilt.

For the nubies worried about block freezing - all but zero chance. General rule is 24 degrees for 24 hours before damage. That means, temp does NOT get above 24 degrees for more than a day!
A casual dip overnight will have zero effect. Set out a cup of water, likely it will not even freeze over let alone solid, now consider your block is insulated in the engine compartment and has 500# of metal that also has to cool below freezing before water can freeze.
Changing the fluid just once wont help you if there is water in it. You'll end up doing two or three flushes to be sure there is no water left in the trans fluid...once you run the boat recheck to make sure the fluid is not a milky color.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Quote:
That's MRMC-

Nice boat! Looks like East Lansing?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft PS 197 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Rocker View Post
Put the plug & the key in the driver's upholder as soon as you pull her out of the water and up the ramp. That helps you remember to put it back in when you launch, preventing the other more embarrassing drain plug mistake.
I go one further and put it in a zip lock bag and zip tie it to the wheel. Nice looking boat by the way.