Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Having 35" tires isn't that big a of a difference in means of power or gas mileage (unless you have swampers). Not trying to offend anyone but the GM 5.3 is underpowered IMHO.

I have always had either the GM 5.7 or the 6.0 and neither are underpowered and can gain plenty of needed speed up the longest and steepest of hills/mountains.

I wouldn't go any smaller than that in GM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Yeah, land cruiser is out of the budget unfortunately. I need to be able to tow a 3400lb dry boat plus gear/trailer/fuel weight so a 4runner is just about maxed out on tow cap. This will be used to pull a 20 foot vdrive mostly, and I want it to be able to go on the highway pretty well. Suburbans are cheap and there's a ton of them, so that seems the best route at this point.
Used to pull a 20 ft v drive? Sounds like you have opted to keep the Supra instead of flip for another MC?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall0711 View Post
Used to pull a 20 ft v drive? Sounds like you have opted to keep the Supra instead of flip for another MC?
For now, that's what I'm thinking.. yeah. I just don't think I can get into a boat as new and with as many options for as cheap as I got into the Supra. I'll only have a ~10k loan on the supra, so I'll never lose any money on it even if I kept it for 10-12 years. I'm still young, not married, no kids, etc. so my idea is to enjoy this one for a few years until I'm in a position to have a lot of equity built up to put into another MC, and upgrade later. Even in a few years I'll most likely make 10 grand off this boat, so it just makes sense right now. A comparable 2006 model of the MC v-drives puts me in the 40-50k dollar range. I'm in for 17,500 total on the Supra. That's hard to turn away from.

I'm back and forth on it every day. I really love the S&S, and keeping the Supra means I need to get rid of the MC. It's such a pretty boat, but I feel the Supra will do the things I want to do much better, and on top of that I can bring 9 other people with me and still have room to store stuff.

Last edited by mzimme; 04-23-2013 at 02:46 PM.