Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 10-21-2016, 01:03 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft, ProStar, 1986, Sea Maxx 5.8L 260hp
Send a message via ICQ to Fancy Send a message via AIM to Fancy Send a message via Yahoo to Fancy
SeaDek Design for 86' MasterCraft

I just had SeaDek installed inside my 86' MasterCraft and also on the swim platform. At Contemporary Marine Flooring they even gave me 10% off for submitting an original design for the SeaDek installation. I just drew what I wanted using PhotoShop and they took it from there to create the design for my boat. At the same time I had the bottom fixed (some blisters) and I had some swim platform lights added. I'm very happy with the work, if you'd like to try your hand at designing your own unique flooring take a look at all the possibilities I found at their website here: http://safe-stepflooring.com/unique/ I opted for the black brushed SeaDek with their latest color "bright green" as the under color. I've experimented with the SeaDek material and left it out in the sun for a month then subjected it to my scrubbing and cleaning and decided it was the product I wanted to go with. Extremely comfy on bare feet yet really durable. They warned me that black might get hot, but my feet are usually freezing so I'm okay with that. I ordered some small pads to put on the side where everyone steps in with my boat's name as the design.

Last edited by Fancy; 10-21-2016 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 VRS 230 w/X-boat package, 8.1L
That is a pretty wild color combo- Don't think I've ever seen that before. Looks pretty cool though. Not sure about the skull design, but if you're happy, it's all good. Would be cool to see some more shots of the boat.
Curious what the price was. I've seen a number of SeaDeck/Gatorstep/etc. projects, makes me think about doing something like that to my boat. Did you just do the cockpit area, or does the material extend under the rear bench and observer seat? Any photos of the install?
G
Old 10-21-2016, 10:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Platform

Do you have any pictures of the bracket set-up for that platform. It's huge.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:34 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
How much if you don't mind sharing?