Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Stargazer upgrade

I have searched a little to see if I can find out the information I need to know, but surprisingly I cannot find it for the boat model (02 CC 196 w/GT 40). My neighbor is about to upgrade his PP to Stargazer and he wanted to know if I could help him install it. I told him we could figure it out, but I want to see if anyone may have any advice going into this before I get into something I really know nothing about.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
http://www.perfectpass.com/?q=support

stargazer info in here...
Old 04-13-2013, 03:30 PM
MC Devotee

Thanks Mike. Is it really as easy as plug and play? What about the paddle wheel? Will it even be needed anymore? He has the single line, so I know we will have to replace the old PP gauge as well, but that should just be a matter of reconnecting wires.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:52 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Is should be pretty easy based on a friends installation. He's done it twice... If you friend me on face book I will point you to him to send him a message.. Look for Mike Gorczak if you have FB.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
It's very easy.

Locate the master module. Take all of the connecting wires and install them on the new module. SG comes with a GPS puck. I would unscrew the dash and stick it behind the gauges. Then snake the wire to the module. Plug in the GPS connection and put dash together.

Very very easy. I've installed a few systems myself.

Plug and play.

The SG upgrade will have instructions. Follow them for re calibrating baselines. Try to not OCD on this part. Just put a driver in the boat and maybe a rider who can read the SG instructions. Make a pass down then recal iirc in cal mode it's menu 2-3x and then up arrow. Then recal again on the opposite way into the course. Then menu and up arrow. Move on to the next speed. You can be there all day calibrating 15-30 rpm in and out.

Get 26-36 calibrated. Put it in slalom mode and test it out. It will run hot times unless you have a skier in tow. The SG instructions hit on that point.

If you get on slalom mode it will pull 16.94-16.96 all day long. Put it in practice mode and you can turn down the tolerance a bit.

It's super easy to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 PM
MC Devotee

Thanks for the info. Good to know. He told me that everything came in today, so I imagine he will want to install everything this weekend.

I have some calibration issues with my PP Pro, and I have talked with PP about it, but have not gotten everything all worked out with it. My wakeboard speed surges, but the RPM works just fine, although it is not very consistent on getting up to speed and staying there. I have tried adjusting the KA and other setting but have not really noticed a difference at all. I even tried a reset, but to no avail. At wakeboard speed it will not keep the speed in the turns and takes a little bit to get back up to speed. I am still not sure what this is but I hope I can get it all figured out.