Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-21-2006, 10:19 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Nope! I love the service but all I can say is I spent 3 years in millitary school(Go Figure). I would like to think that those who know me understand I would do whatever it takes to unselfishly protect what is ours. My father and these guys did so, I am guessing, so I would not have to. This was the second of wars to end all wars. I have the utmost respect for these people and appreciate the incredible people they are. Yes I feel like a gnat on some waterbuffalo's arse compared to these people!
HB
Sorry Jeff as I doubt I made that very clear in the above posts.

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
HB I understand where you're coming from on the respect thing, My brother is a Recon Marine... inactive right now (served his four.. now on reserve). Mom told me lateley when she called him he was quiet sounding.. So, I call him over for beer and football.... we talk and he says that he is getting his game face on... He doesn't mind going back.. It's his duty.. But buddies are getting called which means he may get the call.. If so its go time!! That my friends is a man I have some respect for!!! HB good thread!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
Nope! I love the service but all I can say is I spent 3 years in millitary school(Go Figure). I would like to think that those who know me understand I would do whatever it takes to unselfishly protect what is ours. My father and these guys did so, I am guessing, so I would not have to. This was the second of wars to end all wars. I have the utmost respect for these people and appreciate the incredible people they are. Yes I feel like a gnat on some waterbuffalo's arse compared to these people!
HB
Sorry Jeff as I doubt I made that very clear in the above posts.

H.B. I think thats about the coolest thing I have heard all month ( you going as a non-veteran to support this) I commend you and next time we meet unlimited Beers are on me.

I personally don't have any family that I know of that has served (take that back, one cousin on a submarine) but for some reason have always been very drawn too and been overly patriotic and loyal to our armed forces. If these sort of service clubs are open to the general public to attend please let me know. I'd like to go and honor those that given lots for the betterhood of our country and it's countrymen.

I feel glad to know peeps like you HB.

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 09-21-2006, 10:53 PM
MC Platinum

Weird thing is supposedly this is the only known service club and membership is not growing. These are all WWII through Korea veterans and their family members. I am extremely priviledged to have known them. I have said before that you can thank them but I have always gotten the feeling that they feel like they owed you and myself and would have given more if they could have. In a selfish world these guys stand out. Oh I forgot to mention Phil Minton (spelling) who was dressed in an Orange Tennessee cap, socks and shirt! Remind you of someone? I am just happy to have been able to have been invited to spend time with them. A different breed!

Monte, Give your brother our regards and let him know we understand all we have is due to himself and those before him. Take care!

Last edited by Hoosier Bob; 06-26-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 PM
MC Addict

Will do........
Old 09-21-2006, 11:11 PM
MC Platinum

This is one of the guys I played golf with today! Still giving!
http://www.mealsonwheelsindy.org/palmer.htm

Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Monte - God Speed to your brother.

HB - I think it is great that you support these heroes.

Both of my grandfathers served, one lied about his age and joined the Navy in WWII. He served on the U.S.S Intrepid which is currently docked in New York harbor. I have the privilege of touring it with him and it was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had in my life. My other grandfather was in Korea. He served in the 54th Infantry (I believe). Until recently he never really spoke of his experiences in the war but lately he has started to open up. Some of the things that he has done and seen are truly amazing. His platoon was marching up Pork Chop hill when he heard a call "PFC Pruett Fall Out". He had not taken a day of leave since he enlisted and got an early discharge. His platoon continued up Pork Chop hill and got wiped out.

I am truly proud to have Grandfathers who stood up when in need and answered the call of duty. I am also proud to be an American and have the utmost respect for all of our service men and women who have served in the past and those currently serving.

- Glad to see that Phil Minion has good taste in clothing.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Monte though I may not ever meet your brother please shake his hand for me and tell him I say thank you for all he has done and does for my family.

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 PM
MC Platinum

DId you see the link to DR Bob I posted. The guy is amazing!

Old 09-22-2006, 08:32 AM
MC Addict

Read the article last night... we can only hope to try and shoot our age at 90.. the irony there is his service is a big part of the reason he has that opportunity..