Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Service Club

I have just returned from my annual Service Club golf outing. I played well. The Service Club is compiled of a group of ex WWII and Korea Veterans. Every year I am amazed at the quality and fortitude of these people. We play golf and have dinner. The dinner table stories are of nothing I have ever heard before. They speak of fallen brothers and mishaps at mess. Tonight I heard, ":what ever happened to suldowski?" You know! He was killed by that sniper outside of some town in some place. What about the 1,500 we have lost so far in Iraq? What about the 6,000 we lost at Iwo? Point being taken is that every year I wonder what I could do to pay these guys back and I have come to realize that they did it because they feel they owe us! They would leave today and do it all over again! These guys are bad Mo Fo's and would level anything that would threaten you or me! They are our fathers and friends. They've lost more friends then we may ever know. They are a lost breed that needs to be remembered. No matter what war, no matter how far they deserve much more than we can ever give. They are the ones that save the day, score the touchdown, consider it a job well done and return, one way or another, to their homeland, the USA. I doubt I will ever experience this dedication to a common group of people so strong. I never served and at this stage in my life I probably won't. I would like to say I appreciate all that have fallen for me and those that will fight for me no matter if I believe or not. They were called and they answered, big time! Sorry for the rant but these guys and girls deserve it. Thanks also for the forum.
HB

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I

Last edited by Hoosier Bob; 09-22-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
I wish I could show a salute. Thanks to all those who have put their lives on the line for us in the line of duty. Nicely done HB.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
I couldn't have said it better HB. My Dad still goes all over the country for re-unions of the Fighting 72nd Sea Bee's. He says they loose a vet every meeting.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 PM
MC Platinum

I appreciate this site but tonight really tore me up! I usually have a great time and head home but these guys are a different breed. I get the idea here we would all do the same for them and expect nothing in return. I sometimes feel like a GNAT on some water buffalo's *** compared to these guys. What an incredible honor it is to have these people as our parents, friends and protectors!
See ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
I wish I could show a salute. Thanks to all those who have put their lives on the line for us in the line of duty. Nicely done HB.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 prostar 190
I totally agree bob, even though I served, I do not even count myself in the same catagory as the the people you mentioned.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:05 PM
MC Platinum

That is it! You served and expect nothing! Wall Street, Marketing or what have you. I have never left for work wondering if I may get shot or blown up! You have and it is just expected! These guys and yourself don't expect an f'ing thing! They did it and it's over. Just sitting there listening to these guys was amazing. They are so incredibly serving and will be that way forever. Way to go! Tonight was great but it kinda got to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
I totally agree bob, even though I served, I do not even count myself in the same catagory as the the people you mentioned.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:26 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
I always make it a point when I see someone parking their vehicle with the Purple Heart tag, to walk up to them and shake their hand and tell them Thank You for serving our country.

these are the tags I speak of
http://images.google.com/images?q=pu...n&lr=&safe=off

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

Last edited by milkmania; 09-22-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:14 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
I have never seen a tag like that before.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:10 PM
MC Platinum

Wow! It has been one year and this is the third year I have spent with the Service club. Today I had the priviledge of playing golf with a WWII squadron commander and a WWII P O W! Bob Palmer was extrememly happy to find that when he enlisted in the Airforce that those 5'8" and under went to fighter school! P-51 Mustangs for Bob! He trained and was ready but was then sent to somewhere in New Mexico to take over a B-24 Liberator! Not what he had expected. He flew 175 missions most of which were not under fighter support in the Pacific. Next was Neal Cobb. Neal enlisted 2 days after he turned 18. He said he would have enlisted on his birthday but it was on a Saturday and the recruiting office was not opened on Saturdays and Sundays. Bob was lucky enough to pull navigation duties on a B-24 bomber in and near Italy. His first crew suffered a bad loss so he and two other guys were sent on a short leave. Another crew suffered losses very similar to theirs and the crews were merged. Neil's bomber suffered major damage over I am guessing, SLOVENIA? German allies. John his tail gunner of Italion decent, the pilot, copilot and another were very badly injured. Neal was also schooled in gunnery and was sent to man the tail gun. He pulled John from the tail gun and bandaged him up as best as he could. His parachute that all wore had a first aid kit on the strap. He expected John and the others would not make it. Long story short is the plane went down. He says three of the crew members went down with her just to avoid capture. Neal and John were not so lucky as they were captured and spent time in a POW camp. One night they were all released and really had no idea were they were. 350 miles of trial and tribulation they were lucke enough to have been located or to have located an OSS post. Neal said he and none other than John the tailgunner returned 40 years later to the site. The farm where the plane crashed is still there and a son of the father who was killed by the debris is still there. John calls Neal every 2weeks and is 90 years old. These guys are unselfish, proud and have done everything for all we have today. They did it because it was the thing to do. There would be no X-Box, George Foreman Grill and no MasterCraft without them! God bless from whom I am born! God bless the USA and those who have served her proudly and without regret!
Hoosier.

Last edited by Hoosier Bob; 09-21-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:13 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
HB did you serve???

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)