Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 01-24-2015, 02:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
2004 X7 Upholstery Refresh Needed

I have a 2004 X7 with the issue that everyone else seems to have with these years of the high traffic areas tearing at the stiching lines. I would really like to just have these particular areas recovered instead of redoing the complete interior because it has actually been taking care of except for the high traffic areas.

I have been in contact with The Upholstery Shop that produces what is called "MastercraftSkins" They seem to know what they are talking about and I got a quote to make new skins to what my are currently. I will have to mail them my old skins to replicate.

Has anyone else used their service? If so how was your experience and how did the final product end turn out?

I need to get a few different areas redone that I will attach pictures of. The only one that do not have a picture of yet is the Observers seat which is the most expensive to recover.

Also, I don't know if I should take a look at some of the local shops here to make new skins and recover. I just want to make sure they turn out nice with little difference to the originals/rest of the boat.

Lastly, I do have a roll of the grey textured material on the edges that my old man tracked down for me a year ago to recover the bolster part on the drivers seat. So all they will have to do is match the white which I hope is easier.

Any suggestions and/or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

here are some pictures as of today. I will one of the observers seat here soon!
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2015, 02:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
If you can find out who our locals use, they have always done awesome with mine. Just handed over my center bow cushion for replacing. All other repairs have matched and looked perfect. Good luck my brother.

Hint: shirts.....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-24-2015, 03:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

here is the Observers seat. I am not concerned about saving or replicating the X7 logo as I really do not care for it.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
If you can find out who our locals use, they have always done awesome with mine. Just handed over my center bow cushion for replacing. All other repairs have matched and looked perfect. Good luck my brother.

Hint: shirts.....
Dave, Do you know who they use? Or do you just drop it off and they take it there?

(I will search for the emails on the shirts, Sorry bro!)
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

I stopped down to the local Upholstery Shop that does boats in our area to see if he wanted to either only install the skins or see if he was interested in doing all the work himself.

Bad news was that he said he is booked past memorial day with promised work. That won't work because we start skiing in April. Looks like there is a chance I have waited too long to start this process and may have to wait until next fall

Does anyone have an Upholstery shop in the Northeast Ohio area that they would recommend?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:01 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Call Action Water Sports in Fenton MI and see who they're using. It would be a drive but still not out of line with what I would consider reasonable. It's getting late to do this type work but their person may have time yet. Most upholstery shops I've worked with in the past typically like real long lead times to get things done. Not sure why that is but 3 to 4 months seems to be the norm.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Call Action Water Sports in Fenton MI and see who they're using. It would be a drive but still not out of line with what I would consider reasonable. It's getting late to do this type work but their person may have time yet. Most upholstery shops I've worked with in the past typically like real long lead times to get things done. Not sure why that is but 3 to 4 months seems to be the norm.
Yeah, I've never had Upholstery worked on for a boat so it is all sort of new to me. I did not know that they needed this long of a lead time.

I appreciate the referral above. I may check with them to see what they think
Old 01-27-2015, 02:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
Dave, Do you know who they use? Or do you just drop it off and they take it there?

(I will search for the emails on the shirts, Sorry bro!)

I just drop if off since I don't know who they use.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams