Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 04-07-2013, 11:11 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X14V
2010 X14V Tower ?

I want to change the zft3 tower on my X14v to a zft2 or zft4. reason being for simplicity. I use the boat a lot, but I have to collapse the tower each time i use the boat due to garage height. This wears on the plastic tower knobs (on and off) and replacing them at 70$ a piece is not fun. I want the simplicity of the zft2 and zft4 (unscrew/turn, pull and drop it down)

Can anyone advise on my possible options.
thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
I can be of help if you need a XFT4 tower, which is what I recommend. I can get one drop shipped direct to your home. You will need to also order a bimini top. You should be able to transfer over the board racks.

If I can be of assistance please let me know

Jim at Bay Area WaterSports
813 996 2297
jim.baws@verizon.net

By email is the best way

Tower Change question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to change the zft3 tower on my 2010 X14v to a zft2 or zft4. Want an even quicker way to put up and down. We use the boat a lot, but I have to collapse the tower each time i use the boat due to boat garage height. This wears on the plastic tower knobs (on and off) and replacing them at 70$ a piece is not fun because they just wear out to easy in my opinion (coupling section knob mostly) . I want the simplicity of the zft2 and zft4 (unscrew/turn, pull and drop it down)
I can fix the holes from the front tower section by using the custom gas caps on MasterCraft by Design to "cap" the holes, so that's not an issue. I just want something better and not have to drop another 80k to get it.

Can anyone advise on my

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 04-07-2013, 05:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
I have to ask Jim, how many dinero's for a ZFT4
Old 07-19-2013, 04:23 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft 2013 Prostar 197 TT 5.7
If you decide to go through with your upgrade, let me know if you ZFT3 tower would be for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffygator View Post
I want to change the zft3 tower on my X14v to a zft2 or zft4. reason being for simplicity. I use the boat a lot, but I have to collapse the tower each time i use the boat due to garage height. This wears on the plastic tower knobs (on and off) and replacing them at 70$ a piece is not fun. I want the simplicity of the zft2 and zft4 (unscrew/turn, pull and drop it down)

Can anyone advise on my possible options.
thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 04:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Jim I am also interested in changing my tower. Jeffers mine will be for sale if I go through with it
Old 09-15-2013, 11:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15 Slider Navy/White MCX Heater, Lights
Jim, i am also interested in the zft4 upgrade for my 08 x15. If so what reinforcements do I need. Also curious? Can I swap the windshield for,the bts, it is sweeeeeett!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X-Star 2003 X2 (SOLD)
Jim, I am also interested in the zft4 upgrade for an 09 xstar. I extra reinforcement required? What would the cost be?